Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Research

I sat at my desk in the precinct hunched over my keyboard typing in the name Emily Van-Heusen. Ryan, Espo and Castle were siting around the computer looking at the screen.

A mugshot popped up of a mid-twenty year old blonde girl that looked like she'd been partying way to hard. I turned to Castle."Is this her?" I asked, pointing at the screen. He nodded.

I pulled up her medical records.

"Looks like she is a former patient at New York State Mental Hospital for sociopathic actions. She was released May of last year." I then pulled up her criminal records.

"She was charged for sexual assault in three cases four years ago and disorderly conduct in a bar June of this year for raking off her clothes and dancing on top of a table while spilling beer and other alcoholic beverages all over herself." I turned to Castle and raised an eyebrow.

"How was I supposed to know?" He pleaded. Espo interjected, "Well, you have lots if cop buddies you could've asked for help from when you realized she was a total nut job!" Ryan nodded.

Castle sucked his teeth. "Can we just arrest her already?" Ryan, Espo, and I exchanged looks. "We need to get a warrant to search her apartment. Do you know where she lives?" I asked.

Castle pointed to the screen. "Can't you just look it up on there?" I scrolled through her personal information.

"There is no official address listed here. She probably bounces from hotel to hotel with men she's sleeping with." I glanced over at Castle.

"But, we can probably find her parents or siblings addresses and question them on her."

I looked for family members and found her brother. "Looks like her parents are dead, but she has a brother. Let's go find him. His name's Eric Van-Heusen."

And we went off to go find Eric Van-Heusen.