Chapter 4: Becomes the Wind

Chapter 4 "Becomes the Wind"

"My name is Litta," she started nervously, "...Where am I?"

"You don't know? Have you been living under a rock or something?" Rubyz huffed out smoke as she tried not to come up with another fireball. "Explain yourself. You better not lie."

"Well... Yeah, I've been living under a rock," she looked down nervously. The two Fireclaws exchanged glances with each others, curiously and suspiciously. Litta lifted her head up once again, more confidently this time. Then she bagan telling the Fireclaws about the events that happened to her recently. Her voice showed sincerity, making it hard for even Rubyz to pretend that what Litta said was not true.

"So... You are on our land, seeking refuge?" Rubyz questioned.

"Can we keep her?" 

"Shut up, Kyrizth! We must stay away from her!" His little sister growled and Litta lost sense of which dragon was the older one.

"Why?"

"Because she's blue!" Rubyz exclaimed as if it was a normal, everyday conversation. 

Kyrizth shook his head in denial as he looked on the ground. He felt that the logic wasn't right but there was nothing he could say about that. Rubyz would not listen to anything he had to say.

"Let go, Kyrizth, " the younger Fireclaw declared. For her, it was absolute. She looked at Litta with hatred. "I don't feel like getting rid of you now but I hope we don't meet again," she nudged Kyrizth's wing and ushered him towards the exit, ignoring his protests. With one helpless look on his face, Kyrizth solemnly obeyed his sister's order.

Once the two Fireclaws left the cave, Litta followed their trail, seeing that it was the only exit she had. The rough rocky path led into a complete darkness that was waiting to swollow her whole at any moment. In the tunnel, every steps she took was awfully loud in the surrouding silence. Yet, she willed herself to keep moving. Soon the path morphed from the previous rocky terrian into smooth obsidian marble. The sudden transition left Litta wondering where the path was leading.

A sliver of light marked the exit at the end of the tunnel. With delight, Litta splinted towards her only source of hope. The silence and the dark could drain any dragon's sanity, not even one who had been living in one ever since it hatched. She poked her head out of the exit to find herself in yet another cave. Disappointment cloud her mind like those rain-drenched ones she saw floating above Skyclaw's land. However, the light had somehow find its way in. When her eyes finally adjusted to the brighter environment, she took a step out of the tunnel.

The cave she was in was covered in dust. Red dust. Or rather, the wall was crumbling down due to it being made out of a kind of clay washed over with extreme weather. The ground was a different story despite the condition of the wall. It was made out of the same texture as the second half of the tunnel, cold and smooth marble covered in a thin layer of red dust. Swiping her talon across the floor, Litta noticed that the red dust came off and pasted all over her talon. A patch of the black marble revealed after the dust was gone. Litta's eyes traveled across the cave and realised that it was covered with talon marks. And those marks headed towards where the light was brighter.

Following the trail assumably made by the Fireclaw sibling, she finally able to breath in the fresh air once more. The view that opened to her was ridiculously breath-taking. Ridiculously surreal. She found herself overlooking a narrow and deep canyon. Occassionally, a Fireclaw flew from one side of the clift to the other. Many caves could be seen at the side of the cliff. The height downward was deep but the length towards the top of the canyon was much longer still. Looking into the depth of the canyon, Litta could see thick glowing yellow substance flowing continuously. A ripple of fear surged through her body instinctively. The canyon was so dangerously deep Litta had no doubt that even a Skyclaw would think twice before trying any sort of sky diving here.