CHAPITRE 1

I woke up in my room. I had to hurry, I had to go and prepare my ship. I had the presentiment that a mission was about to arrive. I'm never wrong. So I dressed modestly with a brown tunic and beige pants before going out of the room and heading towards the hangar. It had been five years since I was in the Resistance and I was known by almost everyone. The best pilot of the galaxy. I greeted everyone politely before arriving at my ship. My droid BB-8 was already waiting for me.

- You ready to make a small bypass the compressor BB8? I asked with a smile.

- You're the pilot, you have to fix it. And I'd say it was you who pulverized the ship not me. He replied with drops of droids that I understood.

- Yeah I know it was not a good plan, stop to repeat me everyday. I answered with a little smile. 

- I will stop repeating it when you stop putting yourself in trouble.

I raised my eyes before letting go a little laugh and climb on my ship and start, tinkering the threads of my X-Wing. For an hour I was trying to make changes to my ship. Suddenly I heard the beeps of BB8 but I did not hear well. I drew back to be able to hear him better. 

- What did you say BB8 ? I asked with a strong voice. 

I backed away again and without paying attention I lost my balance and fell off my ship. With my good reflexes, I caught the wing of my X-Wing with my hand. I breathed in relief before letting go of the wing and falling back on my feet. I raised my head to fall on BB8 and a droid of the Empire reprogrammed. K2-SO. I have known him for quite some time, I love talking with droids, better company than humans sometimes. I smiled before I approached them.

- What's up guys? I asked. 

- The members of the council are waiting for you for a new mission now. Answered K2-SO. I am in charge of accompanying you.

- I know this place since five years I know perfectly where is the room of the Council, K2. I said starting to walk. 

K2 didn't answered this time and walked besides me with BB8. We crossed the rebel base and finally reached the doors of the council chamber. The droids stayed at the entrance while I was coming in to face my Mothma, General Draven and a pilot I had never seen him before. I approached the center of the room so that everyone would notice my presence.

- Ariane, I'm glad you could join us. Said Mon Mothma. I think you already know General Draven. 

- General. 

- Captain. 

- And here is Captain Cassian Andor, you will team up with him during your mission. Finished Mothma. 

I turned my head to look at him. He was beautiful. Brown hair, brown eyes, tall, muscular. I nodded to greet him and he did the same. When suddenly I realized what Mon Mothma had just said. I turned to look surprised.

- Since when do I need a teammate to fulfill my missions? I am the best soldier and the best pilot of the whole Rebellion, I don't need any help. 

- This case concerns you personally. You will not have an objective judgment. I could have sent Cassian alone but as you said you are the best soldier and pilot of the Rebellion. This mission is too important. Answered the general Draven. 

- Personally ? I laughed. 

- It seems you were very close to Jyn Erso no?  

My heart stopped when I heard that name. Jyn. I had known her, a long time ago when we were trained by Saw. Unfortunately we had taken different roads. Jyn didn't believe in Resistance, yes. I kept a closed face. 

- It was a long time ago. I don't know her anymore. 

- You'll have to get back in touch with her and Saw Guerrera.

- Why ? 

- A pilot from the Empire went to see Saw to deliver a crucial message from Gallen Erso on a fault in the Death Star. We have to get that message back. But Saw is not very friendly with the rebels. Only you and Jyn can convince him to give us this message. Explained Mothma.

I did not answer immediately. I did not expect to see Saw again. He had abandoned us with Jyn on an unknown planet, I had just turned six. I hated him now. I approached Mon Mothma and looking into her eyes. She knew what she was doing to me.

- And if I refuse ? 

- You'll not. 

I smiled a little. She knew me well over time. I never refuse a mission. I nodded slightly before turning to Captain Andor who was leaning against a desk, looking at me coldly. I had heard of him, he was a spy, very good spy. This role suited him well. I approached him before saying in a neutral voice:

- We're leaving in fifteen minutes. No delay I will not hesitate to leave without you. 

He didn't answered and nodded. Then I left the room. Outside BB8 was waiting for me. I explained the mission to him and he followed me to my room to gather my things. I did not need much: a blaster, grenades, a knife and a jacket. I did not need anything more. After five minutes I headed for the hangar. Our ship had been announced on the table of pilots. Hangar 5. Once arrived in front of the ship I could see K2 adjusting the last details before the flight. I approached him and climbed on the edge of the ship. 

- You're coming with us K2? 

- Yes. You're coming too. Cassian is not happy about that. He think that you're too pretentious for your safety. 

- And you, you're a little too direct for stay alive. I laughed. 

I threw my bag away into the ship before charging BB8. He followed me at each of my missions. He was my closest friend. I know it's weird. When I turned around I saw the captain heading towards us with his bag. I smiled a little, sitting on the edge of the ship. He came in front of me, he wanted me to push, but I did not.

- Ready, captain? I asked with a little smile. 

- If you go out, yeah I suppose. He answered coldly. 

- Oh ok, cold, I love that. I pilot. I think I'm better than you for that. 

 I got up and sat down at the pilot's seat in the cockpit. I heard Cassian and K2 get into the ship so I started to start the engine. The ship's hatch closed and a few seconds later Cassian sat next to me. I turned my head towards him with a small smile.

- So can we go, captain? I asked with humor. 

- Go. He replied again coldly.