Chapter Two

(Still nervous, why)

*Chapter Two*

Harry Styles P.O.V

“Zayn” I hissed.

“Zayn!” I said again, trying to be discreet.

Patience wore thin. “Oi” I said louder, “ZAYN!”

Zayn ignored me, smirking and I could tell this was on purpose. My eyes narrowed at his smile as he surveyed the pulsing crowd as Liam spoke. I jabbed him in the side, and he warily met my gaze, prolonging it like I was hurting him by the effort he had to make.

I ignored the look he gave me. “That girl, over there” I said.

He slowly followed my stare, his eyes lingering on a fan beside her before he nodded slightly. “Yeah?” he replied, unenthused.

I fidgeted with my earpiece, “She’s wearing a 1975 band shirt Zayn, 1975!”

Zayn raised an eyebrow, shrugging like it was no big deal.

Dick.

I bit my lip, struggling to hide a growing excitement. I had the ultimate musical crush on this group, they were the definition of indie rock and their sound was incredible. I wasn't being hipster. They weren't a favorite because they weren't mainstream. They were a favorite because they were good.

I had only tweeted three times or something about their songs, using lyric lines and so such.

I piqued an eyebrow, wondering if she knew that little fact.

My lips pulled at the corners, she didn’t look like it. Which was a good thing I suppose, I loved people that loved the same things I love, without my having them find it. They gravitated.

It was an unbelievable feeling.

Off stage, our sound manager informed us we had about three minutes left before our opening act had to come and perform for the final time. I sighed, feeling nostalgic momentarily before a large smile made its way across my face, joke time.

I spoke quickly before I told my joke, brightening up considerably when the crowd began to laugh. They thought it was funny, which meant I was funny, which meant everyone else that said I wasn’t was wrong.

So I was happy.

Then we were off-stage, Zayn was rubbing the spot on my back where Niall had slapped me roughly, he was laughing at my cringing and narrowing his eyes at Niall for causing me ‘pain’. Niall was ignoring us, he was yelling out ‘Best of luck’ wishes to the 5 Second Of Summer boys, they were all smiling widely.

We all huddled for a second, cheering as we broke apart and the four Australian boys made their way to the stage. The screams that had slightly lessened, rose up again two notches and the boys and I all nodded respectively. Those boys deserved everything they were getting.

Instead of freshening up like we were supposed to, the five of us stayed on the side of the stage. We all watched the 5SOS boys sing, and it was kind of intense. It was nice. It didn't seem final, but the thought of it was heavy in the air.

They bowed, and headed back towards us. Michael walked into Niall’s open embrace, breathing heavily as he tried to catch his breath. His dyed hair was stuck to his forehead, he looked sweaty and exhilarated. Calum was struggling to unhook his microphone from his shirt, Luke was laughing at him instead of helping and Ashton was exchanging high fives with Louis, both of them grinning.