3. Study Buddy

"Ava!" Coach Melissa yelled

I jumped when she called me name, this woman was very intimidating. But she's the coolest person ever!
"What's up?" I shrugged
"Homecoming has been moved, they moved to the week after the next."
"That means I have time to learn the new routine!" I jumped in excitement.
"Yup! But no more skipping, okay?" She said sternly
"I can't promise anything" I replied sheepishly.
I wish I could be at every practice, but I need to be there for my mom and Chloe.. Melissa looked annoyed, but I could really care less.. my life is hectic as fuck and I don't need to complicate things.

I walked over to the rest of the girls
"Homecomings been moved guys!"

Everyone displayed a different type of emotion; Chelsea screamed (which was seriously childish) Jenna looked down at the ground, sad, Sky took deep breaths trying to contain herself from saying 'No, that's unacceptable!' And lastly Ariana just looked annoyed.

"That just means we have more time to get our moves down!" I said excited.

"What the hell? I was suppose to announce that!" Chelsea bickered.
"Well shit, I totally forgot you ran the place, Chelsea."   I rolled my eyes.

**

The next day came around, I wasn't really feeling school today... but if I didn't go my mom would have my head. I quickly rummaged through my closet and found and black tank top and black and white polka dot shirt, with some heels to go with it.

I decided to actually try with my appearance today and curled my hair did my makeup.

When I reached the kitchen my whole mood was completely changed.. Richard was in the kitchen making Chloe some breakfast.
"Good morning, Ava!" Chloe squeaked.
Richard turned around and waved at me, but I just gave him a death stare.
"Jesus Christ, what now?" He said annoyed. "You're lucky I don't come over there and beat the living shit out of you!" My hands formed into fist. I was ready for him to catch these hands.

His response was expected, he rolled his eyes and went back to cooking.

"What's wrong, sissy?" Chloe asked.
I totally forgot she was in here.. whoops.

"You're too young to understand" I said walking out the door.

- at school -

Today has been really slow, everything was a blur.. but I was really dreading going to math because Connor and Chelsea are in there, and I don't know how much more kicking I can handle.
When I walked in Connor was already sitting down, he looked really pissed. I walked over slowly, and sat down cautiously.
"I'm not gonna bite" Connor said with his face in his hands.
"I didn't think you were.." I sat down "I just thought you were gonna lash out.. you look pretty mad."
"Well you're not wrong." He sighed.
I didn't want to pry but I felt the need to..
"So what's wrong?" I asked
"I'm failing." He shrugged.

Ah, it all makes sense now. Connor Nickels was failing math. I'm not surprised..

"What's your grade in here?" He blurted.
"I have an A.." I said awkwardly
He just stared at me, rubbing his chin.
"Can you tutor me?" He smiled

How I didn't melt on the spot in beyond me.. Connor Nickels wants me; Ava Franklin to tutor him.. despite being on the cheer team, I was considered a nobody.
I sat there not knowing what to say, I was still in shock.
"Ava?"
Suddenly I came out of my deep thought, I had to give him an answer..
"I guess I'm willing to help!" I said smiling.
A huge grin had spread across Connors face, he's so cute I can't.
"Cool, so after school at your place?" He asked
"Yeah sure..." I said hypnotized by his smile, not even realizing what he had said.