Chapter One: The Day

Chapter One:

"Whats up?", Jody says with excitement. "Nothin much just doing some research on a story of mine." , I say. It was a normal day so far. The sun shining through the bright white clouds and onto the city. My office was on the 32 floor. I had a great view. A view that would put a smile on your face as soon as you saw it. "What story you working on?", Jody asks," A story on the war in Africa and how it's affecting water supply in Europe.", I say,"Sounds interesting, but I wanted to ask you if you are coming tonight?" he says, his face still filled with excitement. There was a party planned for tonight at his apartment right down the street. " Yea, and I'm bringing Meghan, is it still at eight?", I ask, "Yea, make sure your on time!", he says," I will, I will don't worry.", I say, "I'll see you at the party!" , he yells as he leaves the room.

My story was going really well. I had been working on it for days. I am almost done. But I can't wait for the party. Jody has been planning it for months. I wonder why he wants a party anyway? It never hit me why he wants to have a party in the middle of the year? Strange, but it might just be for absolutely no reason, knowing him, he does random things. I look up at the clock, its six o'clock! I have to leave if I'm gonna make it too that party!

I look out the window the sun is still up but it won't be long before it sets. I gather my stuff and leave. I walk through the office. Desks and cubicles everywhere. Everyone calls it the cube farm. This is where all the news is gathered from around the world. There are still many people in the office, but I have to hurry and leave if I want to get to the party on time! I walk to the elevators. I wait anxiously as a stare at the tall metal doors. The elevator finally reaches my floor, I get in and push 1.

The elevator music is very boring. It feels like the elevator couldn't be any slower. I look at my watch every two seconds. Then the elevator slammed to a stop and the lights went out. A red emergency light was bright red above the door. I almost fall to the floor from the stop. I press the emergency button and nothing happens. I sigh and look at my watch. Why has the elevator stopped? Then the electricity comes back on and the elevator starts moving again. That was strange. The elevator comes to a gentle stop and the doors open. A rush of people come toward the elevator. I almost get trampled trying to get out of the elevator. I am in the main lobby.

It's a big room with elevators covering one wall and the wall with the entrance is completely glass. The floor is covered with gray tile and the walls are also the same gray color. In the center is the front desk with a large column behind it. On it was the Daily News logo. The lobby is filled with people. My tie gets in the elevator door but I luckily get it free before the elevator start moving up. My suit is getting uncomfortable. Suits are not the most comfortable outfit in the world. I run into a man spilling his coffee all over his suit. "I'm so sorry!", I say to the man. He looks at his suit then looks at me and he shoves me out of the way and walks off. I'm lucky the coffee didn't get on me, but I do feel sorry for that guy though but that's life.

I walk through the large lobby. The sounds of footsteps echo through the room because of the tall ceilings. I almost get to the entrance then, it happened. I run out of the entrance looking towards the sky. A trail of smoke and light crash into the building. Everyone screams and the street becomes chaos. This was the start of the attack.