O N E

"I, Daniel Nathan, accept the responsibility bestowed upon me and swear that I would uphold the basic principles of the school and lead the students on a path of success. I promise to cater to the needs of  my fellow students and lead my council  to work for the welfare of the school. Thank you for the trust you have vested in us and we promise you that we won't let you down."

Daniel smiled wide just as he completed his speech. He had won the school elections with a sliding majority and the students looked up to him. He stood on stage as students gave him an extended round of applause. They would have continued cheering if not for the principal, a very strict teacher, shot a glance at the students, which caused the cheering to stop. The rest of the assembly was a blur as the newly elected council members, one by one, came onto the stage for their speeches and put forward their ideas on how to develop the school. The students had put a lot of trust in this year's council as the previous one was nothing short of a disaster. The term was marred with partiality, indiscipline and the egoistic nature of the leaders. Daniel grinned as the assembly neared its' end. He couldn't wait for the assembly to end. He was longing to getting back with his friends and then they could have the time of their lives.

"Ohh! Here comes our hero!" Chris yelled as Daniel entered the class. The whole class cheered and banged the benches with their bare fists.  Daniel walked over to his place and had taken his seat. He was surrounded by his best friends. Chris Adam, Micheal Jordan, Sanjana Singh and Emma Hudson. "We have a goddamn celebrity in our group now!" Emma grinned. "C'mon guys!" Daniel said. "It wasn't a great task for someone to accomplish." he exclaimed. "Someone is being modest now!" Sanjana teased Daniel. "We need a party!" Mike asked Daniel. Everybody shouted in agreement. "Okay guys. Let's go out to Mc Donald's today and have a sleepover after that. And mom said I can play with my video games again, so we would have something to do." Daniel replied. His friends howled again in excitement for the evening.

The rest of the day was pretty exciting for Daniel. Everybody was congratulating him and the teachers were being extra nice to him. Everybody knew about the kind of person Daniel was. He was strong, sharp, confident and would never compromise on anything. He was a born leader. He followed one particular principle. "A leader isn't someone who orders people, a leader is a person who works with the people, helping them in every step and enjoys the success with the people." When Daniel announced his nominations for the post of the School President, everyone immediately knew that they already had a winner. None of the other candidates possessed the characters and morals he did. That made him an almost ideal leader.

It was evening and everybody was heading back home. They had agreed to meet up at Mc Donald's at 7 o' clock sharp. Daniels parents were more than happy to hear about his victory in the elections. Soon, it was time for the party everyone was waiting for. Daniel walked over to Mc Donald's and had his seat. Everyone else was late. No surprise.

Daniel waited for half an hour for his friends to arrive. He first spotted Emma coming towards him, carrying a huge rectangular box in her hands. The rest of his friends followed her and took their seats around him. Daniel immediately knew what was in the box. "C'mon guys! That wasn't necessary!" He said, grinning. "A victory for our friend is a victory for all of us." Chris said, smiling. His friends opened the cake and cut it. The mood was hilarious. Chris was the clown of the group. There wasn't a single moment which passed by without Chris throwing some random jokes around. And of course, we would crack up like idiots and the whole class would join us. Chris spent most of his school like outside the class rather than inside. Mike was the total opposite. He was usually a serious guy and was a nerd. He loved studying and loved science. Emma was a cool girl and loved partying and get togethers. She would never miss a chance to have fun. She was an awesome person to hang around. Sanjana was from India. She was usually picked upon by the other students for her accent but none of her real friends gave a damn about where she was from or how her accent was. She was a bit of an introvert who didn't talk much. But she basically worships friends and would never dream of letting down her friends.

The five had a wonderful time at the sleepover. Daniel was also a video game freak and had the latest games and video game systems in his room. They played video games till 12 o' clock, when Daniel's mom came up to let them know that it was midnight and that she would complain to their parents of they didn't sleep now. The five snuggled down their mattresses and started talking about random stuff. "So what are you planning to do for our school?" Chris asked Daniel. "What do you guys want?" He asked back. "Beat boxing classes, extra recess, half days on Fridays, pizzas in the cafeteria, video game tournaments and the list goes on. And another good idea, why don't you create an Entertainment Department and make me the chief?" Chris replied. "Dude, you're high." Mike said, with a yawn. "I'm sleepy and I am going going to sleep. So please quit talking and go to sleep too. We've got school tomorrow." Mike continued. No one paid any heed to Mike and were blabbing on top of their voices. Mike soon got sick of it. "It would be great if you guys quit yappin' and let me sleep." Mike said, angrily. "Chill, Mike." Emma said. "Okay guys, it's pretty late and it's going to be a long day at school tomorrow." She continued. "Who knows?" Daniel started, "Tomorrow could be a day that could change our lives." Be continued. "GO TO SLEEP, DANIEL!" Mike yelled.

Only, no one knew that Daniel was right. It was going to be a day that would change their lives, forever.

___________

Author's Note: 

This book was on another collab account which was taken down due to personal reasons. The story would now be continued on this account. All the copyrights to this book remain with me (Rithvik/LPS21) and no claims shall be laid upon them. 

Constructive Criticism is appreciated as always! :)

Mission Orion will progress as scheduled and would not be delayed for this new project of mine.