Chapter 4

The team stood in awe of the city outside the small room. April was almost completely stunned by what she saw. She slowly stepped out of the door closely followed by Eric, Rei, Midori, Matt and Jeremy. The others where a little slow but when the door began to close on them they were quick to run out of the door. April eyes reflected the sight before her, in the distance there was a large citing with huge cogs turning in all different directions. Large pipes running from building to building. But the buildings weren’t rectangular; they were a large variety of triangles and other rather odd shapes. At this sight, Aprils face lit up with pure adrenaline. This was it, the game has started; no more time wasted on tutorials or information sessions. There was a small chuckle to the side of her, Eric had pulled his semi-automatic gun off his back and was holding it ready in his hands. He too had the same look of excitement in his eyes. April looked to her right and saw her best friend standing already her shot gun balanced nicely on her shoulder. 

“You ready to go, runt?” Rei asked as the blue haired girl drew her pistol, her hands holding the handle of her pistol tightly and her hands beginning to sweat slightly. 

“Haha, yeah I guess this is it. Let’s get this game started.” April grinned as her fellow team mates prepared for the battle ahead. Luna loaded her cross bow with a small click; Matt and Jeremy also preparing for battle pulling the safety of his hand guns and Jeremy off his AK47. 

“Then stop chatting and lead the way, Fuller.” Matt chuckled as he came up next to April pushing his way between her and Eric, earning a small scowl from the blonde. April nodded at the red head then turned to Rei. Her friends face showed her impatient in beginning the game but she hadn’t acted on how she felt yet. Why hasn’t someone taken the lead yet and tried to lead the group? They aren’t waiting on me….. are they? April took a deep breath then turned to the group, about to speak. 

“Let’s get going.” Rei began to walk down an ally way though the large warehouse district that they had been standing in this entire time. Aprils face well thinking the group had been relying on her to lead, but no, the entire team followed after Rei. Even the idiotic blonde girl and her tiny pistol. With that the girl sighed and followed the group of people, led by her much more experienced friend. She wasn’t alone trailing at the back of the group though, the white haired girl Luna seemed to have travelled into her own universe again. Great, the game hasn’t even started and I am already considered a loser like the air head here. 

“This place is so…… what’s the word?” God this air head is worse than I thought! April continued to shuffle along until Rei caught the attention of the group, stopping between two large shipping containers like things. She gave a series of hand signals, directing each person what position to take. She gestured for April to move closer to her and stick to her right flank, the same with Matt but to her left. Midori was directed to follow Jeremy and Eric down a small passage into the passage parallel to their current position. Luna and A where sent to follow them while Elizabeth and Xander where to stay with the Rei. She had divided the group into what seems like the evenly divided groups based on her assumption of strengths. All her orders were followed smoothly, except for Elizabeth, who was giggling almost uncontrollably. Rei scowled at the giggling gritty as she managed to choke out what she found so amusing.  

“What was with all those stupid hand signals? Heheheheheh some kind of retarded sign language only people like you understand?” Her giggles started to spill out louder and louder, Xander was even starting to become annoyed with her. Veins on Reis forehead starting to become more noticeable and she was just about to scold the girl. Elizabeth turned on her heal and starting to make her back the way she came. “You can lead you posse of losers that way I’m taking Xander this way and we will finish this game on our own.” Xander was clearly shocked by what she said but he unwillingly followed her. Rei snarled at the girl.