Chapter Eight : Clueless

| Aizawa |

   Good Morning! Can I ask a favor?

   No. Delete

   Hey Reita! Are you busy? Can I ask a favor?

   No no no! Delete

   Morning. There’s an envelope on the coffee table. Can you bring it here?

   No. no. no good.

  I groaned as I leaned my head down the desk. I didn’t know what to do. I’d been sitting here, thinking if I should go and be late or ask him and be on time to my next class. Because I was hurrying earlier to get to class, I left my group’s project proposal at the apartment.

   Rika said I should just ask Reita to deliver it here. But I couldn’t do that. After what happened last night, I couldn’t.

   I was so embarrassed last night, I had no idea Aki will do that. And when Reita confronted me, Like a predator walking closer to his prey – I froze in nervousness. My heart was in chaotic state too I thought I was going to die. But his questions made me pissed though, how could he ask such a question?

   Did you like what you heard?

   I groaned louder on the wooden table.  

   “Aizawa, do you have it now?”

   I sat up hurriedly when I heard Ryuu’s voice, our group’s leader. “Uh not yet.”

   He pulled the sleeve of his polo and looked down at his wrist watch. “Well, you only have an hour left till our class.”

   There’s no help then. I nodded and stood up. “Okay, I’ll get it.”

   Slinging my bag’s strap on my shoulder I head my way out of the library and hoped that the predator isn’t home.

   I walked straight to the bus stop and was about to get in to one when someone called my name. I looked back and surprised to see Ryuu running towards me.

   Panting, he told me. “I’ll go with you.”

   “Huh? Why?” I blinked at him. Why.

   Ryuu smiled at the same time he grabbed his nape. “I.. have something to buy too.”

   Though feeling strange I didn’t ask further and just nodded. Ryuu was quiet the whole time we were in the bus. He paid the fare even if I insisted.

   “It’s really fine, Aika.” He chuckled as he tucked his change in his pocket.

   I looked out the window then, leader was being suspiciously too nice today. There was a ding that came from my mobile. I took it out and saw I had a new message.

   Opening it, my eyes almost bulged out on what I read.

   | Reita Suzuki – 10:43 |  

    Good Morning too, Aika. Since you asked nicely, I’ll bring it to you. Where’s your university?

   HUH?!

   At the upper part of his message, there was a message from me.

   | Sent – 10:30 |

   Morning. There’s an envelope on the coffee table. Can you bring it here?

   Slowly, I put my phone back in my bag and bang my head on the window. How could I be so careless!