To Reach You

• Dedicated kay Gelyka Marie Fabico

  PROLOGUE

  *The Past-current storyline*

  I woke up one day realizing the inevitable, a feeling bound to tie me up with the man I met that no matter how hard he try to run, and that no matter how hard I dismiss it, we just keep getting entangled in each other's mess—a mess that at first I never knew existed. If only I knew better I would never have denied him and myself of the truth.

  Scared? Yes and No. Yes—because I'm scared to face the possibility of it being ine sided, I really tried not to overthink things and stop myself from misinterpreting what he does in front of me but I just can't, even with the coldest of hearts how he treats you would melt someone's heart, I'm scared for the possible embarassment I could face all because I assumed things I shouldn't. No—because I'm not scared to face whatever ending this would lead to.

  And then I just ended up accepting the fact that I really am madly in love with the handsome, mysterious dare devil they call emperor—ohh did I mention he's hot af as well? And that no matter how hard I try to resist, I just couldn't deny the fact that I'm undeniably attracted to the guy—ahh these hormones will be the death of me someday.

  ***

  My life back in Fennette Empire Academy was perfect—an image I built, a rank I tried so hard for, and people look up on me, I was the perfect definition of a role model—good grades, good conduct, high morale and etiquette.

  But there's one thing I can't show them, the other side of me molded to perfection, an image my idiot f*****g brother taught me, something I picked up from my weird incomprehensible brother, he taught me self defense—all sorts of them, taught me how to drive, taught me everything he knew that at first I really just can't comprehend its purpose no matter how hard I brainstorm—ahh my poor brain, he trained me for something that at the time I just couldn't comprehend what for—but the moment I transferred was where I started to realize its purpose, along with a huge secret that would change my life and the peace I once had was no more.

  Along with it was a secret, a truth and a lineage even I was not aware of, it is in Siena Academy where I trully felt free from all those restrictions I set—no restrictions, no image and morale to protect, and in fact I never felt this happy. It is in Siena where I finally put to use everything I was taught, all the self defense sessions has paid off, all the mind games my idiot f*****g brother made me do was put to use, all the smart ass tactics he made me learn became a convenience, all the weapons handling he made me master became handy, and beyond its wall lies a secret no one but the people involved is made aware of, along with its purpose.

  "I-I...I like you" he confessed and I was so overwhelmed I didn't know what to say, boy I can't even look him in the eyes, I don't have that confidence—I just can't

  When I recovered "I like you too" was what I said shyly, I couldn't for what its worth look him straight in the eye out of embarassment, I'm not ready to see his reaction, I don't want to get disappointed for whatever enotion I will see in his face, I'm just not brave enough to face what reality his expression would hold.

  "I meant it romantically" he said, hiding away the pain in his words, his face was grim, trying his best to mask any kind of emotion he did not want me to see

  "I mean it when I told you so, why can't you believe me? would I joke around with something as serious as this? can't you feel my sincerity?" I said with a hint of hurt in my voice, this time I'm staring him straight in the eyes and the moment our eyes met I was engulfed in a pool of emotions I think only I could see

  After that incident, he disappeared without a word, without warning and I—I was left entirely broken and devastated, and to make matters worse, I met the Luschner head—in which of course later turned out to be our Dad together with our Mom telling us—more likely me in the process because of my little discovery but its a blur, I just can't put two and two together at this point...I was told of a secret that shocked the hell out of me but I was too broken to care. And my life was never the same again. A secret unveiled. A mystery unmasked. A new life to embrace. A lineage and a truth. Came with it was a vow of allegiance from the most dangerous and the most feared reaper clan to ever exist.