Chapter 35 💝

David's POV

I kissed her cheeks as soon as I stepped out of the shower. I went to my little boy and picked him up. I kissed his tummy and he was blabbering baby words.

"Leandro Smith called. He wants to speak to you." As soon as I heard his name from her mouth, I stopped. I put my son back to his crib and I turned to her.

" What did he say?" Shit! Why did you speak to her, Leandro?  

"He just wanted to discuss with you about the marriage that was not nulled." She said calmly.

I froze.

"Livy..."

"No, not now." I was ready to explain but she cut me off.

We had our breakfast in silence. I noticed her loss of appetite. She only drank coffee.

She didn't speak too much to me. She just reminded me to "make sure to feed him on time, make sure he takes a nap in the afternoon. Call me if my baby needs something."  I just nodded like an obedient idiot. Making her more furious was the last thing I would do.

****

It was almost eight in the evening but she hadn't come home yet. As far as I knew, her classes were only until four. I kept glancing at my phone hoping she would call.

She must have a meeting. Or she must be dining out with her colleagues. Those were my thoughts.

I kept calling her number and sending her messages but she wasn't replying.

Where are you, Livy?

It started raining around five and the clouds were so dark. The rain may last long.

I started getting worried. I had been pacing around the living room holding my mobile phone in one hand.

Suddenly, I heard a soft knock on the door. I almost ran to the door and when I opened it, I saw Livy almost falling off her feet. Her clothes were drenched and her eyes were tired. Before she fell, I hoisted her up and carried her inside.

I wanted to punch myself. You're the reason of this, David.

If something happen to her, I  will kill myself. My heart was aching so bad.

I let her stand and gently removed her clothing. I had to support her with my arms because she could barely stand on her feet. 

"I've been waiting for you. I thought something happened."

"Your not answering my calls."

"Baby, what happened? Why did you drench yourself in the rain."

"You must be hungry now. I already cooked dinner for us."

I had been asking her questions but she wasn't responding. She just closed her eyes and I could feel her hard breathing.

"Baby, let's go to the shower. Okay?" I scooped her with my arms and laid her inside the tub. I washed her hair and body while I was controlling myself not to spend so much time touching her intimate parts.

"We're done." I told her while assisting her up out of the tub. I wrapped her with the towel and carried her again outside the bedroom.

All her clothes on the shelves were made of thin material. I couldn't let her dress like that when she was shivering in colds.

I went to my bag and pulled out my pajamas and a t-shirt. Even in a t-shirt twice her size, she still looked beautiful and sexy. I combed her hair while she adorably inclined her head to my chest.