Chapter 39

I was awaken when I heard a soft cry. I got off from the couch and found my baby on his chest sobbing while looking helplessly at me.

"Oh my baby! Are you hungry?" I picked him up and cuddled him to my chest.

"Mumma! Hungwyy" He blabbered and I chuckled hearing him trying to speak the word hungry.

We sat on the couch and he lapped my nipples instantly. My baby was seriously hungry. I always loved breastfeeding him.

When we were done, I decided to make breakfast for myself. As soon as I opened the door, I gasped when I saw David sitting outside the nursery room. His back was leaning to the wall and his eyes were closed like he was sleeping and he looked so tired.

He must had felt us because he quickly opened his eyes and stood up while fixing his suit.

"Good morning!" He sounded nervous.

I didn't answer instead I proceeded to the kitchen. I could sense him tailing after us.  When my baby saw his father, he called him and couldn't keep bouncing up and down on my arms in excitement.

David came to my side and my baby quickly jumped to his arms. He was playing with him while I was making breakfast.

Neither of us initiated to start a conversation. Well, I don't wish to start.

The doorbell rang and I walked to the door to open it.  Sandra and James stood before me with big smiles on their faces. They hugged me and then went to David who was carrying our son.

"Can we take our grandson out?" Sandra asked while cuddling his grandson to her chest. James who was sitting beside his wife was busy playing hide and seek with his grandson. His giggles filled the room.

"Sure!" I smiled at them and they both beamed in excitement.

"We'll have so much fun today with granddaddy, okay!" Sandra told her grandson who was also nodding his head and clapping his hands like he understood what his grandmother was telling him.

When they left, I decided to take the shower. I planned to visit Dr. Stone, the doctor who helped me the night after I got divorced. I wanted to thank her personally for everything she did for me.

"Baby, can we talk?"  David spoke finally.

"Can you stop calling me that? It irritates me." I replied while rolling my eyes at him.

"I'm sorry about last night. I..."

"You don't need to explain. You can do whatever you want, you can date whoever you want, you can go wherever you want. I don't care..."

"Please, hear me out!" He gently said cutting my nag off.

I glared at him. He hadn't showered yet and he had dark circles around his eyes.

"My lawyer called to give me some papers. I was about to go back to you but I came across Leticia..."

"So the brunette has a name!"

He looked surprised.

"My feet were aching and our son was already sleeping. Did you think I would still stay there waiting for you who happened to forget me because you were so engrossed chatting and sipping coffee?"

"I didn't forget you. Leticia was an old friend. I worked with her before she left the modeling industry for good. She married her long time boyfriend. She was so engrossed of telling me her life story. I cut her off shortly because I knew you were waiting for me. So I ran back to the venue but you weren't there anymore."