Chapter 2: "Leave it behind."

Chapter 2: „ Whatever happened, happened. Don't bother with the past. You can't change anything, anyway.”

Sara p.o.v

“ Wash that floor!” her screechy voice echoed through the long hall. “ I'm starting to think you're useless! ”

Rolling my eyes, I bowed down and took the sponge. The hall is long and all I have is this old, almost decomposed sponge. Of course they have other useful material that could help me to do my job better and faster, but truth to be told, I'm not their favorite „slave” here. I've been working here for few years now and in the beginning, let's just say I was little bit of rebellion and I made few insurrections. With help of other slaves, of course. That's why her majesty hates me. And, you know how it goes, if her majesty hates you, you're automatically hated by the whole kingdom.

That's why I refuse to go outside. And that's why I don't go in purchase of groceries. What would happen if I'd step outside? Well they'd executed me. Isn't that terrifying enough to stop me from going out?

It's pretty hard to be ex villain in the rabble of saints. They still don't know I'm ex pirate. And for now, I hide that truth pretty well. I changed my whole identity. Also, my name. They call me Elen, just because I said my name's Elena. And they shortened. For one word. Really impressive.

“ Elen.” I turned to face Becca, girl I share room with. She is tall and has long brown hair and weird dark eyes. Sometimes she seems like the demon possessed her body. You know, because of her extremely dark eyes. It's kind of creepy. “ I don't want to be... you know.... a person who's touching others stuff without their permission. ”

“ That's fine by me.” I shrugged and continued with rubbing the floor. “ Then don't be that kind of person.”

“ I've sworn I'll never be.” she said and got quiet for a few seconds. “ Are you the kind of person who'd got mad if someone's touching your stuff without permission? ”

“ Depends on what you're touching.” straightening myself, I glanced at her in confusion. “ Why do you ask that?”

“ Well... erhm...” she stuttered. I furrowed and narrowed my eyes.

“ Did you touch my stuff, Rebecca?”

She got more nervous with each minute. Suddenly, she reached from her pocket and pulled out a gold medallion that looked like mine. It also had pirate skull on it. How weird.

“ What a coincidence! I have similar medallion too! I'd be doomed if this is not the same medallion.” I said and laughed. Really, I wonder from where she got it. It must be some souvenir shop near the seaside.

“ Well, truth to be told, this is your medallion.” she replied, emphasizing the word your

My smile slowly began to fade away as I tried to digest what she said. Oh, great, now how the hell am I suppose to explain her what is that? I can't just come to her and say hey. This is a pirate medallion, you know, I was a pirate before.

No! I refuse that option. I guess I'll go with this option: it's nothing. Just a piece of alleged gold. My parents gave me that for my tenth birthday. It's really precious to me. Can I have it back?