Chapter 1.

November 1st, 1953.  .(A quick note, this will mostly be from 3rd person POV)

Mickey sighed. He didn't know why, out of thousands of the other piece of shit bullies at their shitty fucking school, he was getting drafted into the military. Hundreds of the men signed up, and he, and only a few others were picked. Mickey quickly pushed past his dad and mother. Terry and Elizabeth Milkovich. The /worst/ fucking couple on the planet. His dad, always beat the shit out of his sons and Elizabeth. Raped Mickeys baby sister, and a whole lot of other dumb shit.

Mickey ran into his room, slamming the door and biting his lip to hold back his whimpers. He had never cried. He wasn't no goddamn bitch. With a heavy heart, he called the family into the kitchen, telling them the news."I, I've be chosen to join the military. Been drafted." He hugged his baby brother Iggy, who was only 6 years old. "I'm gonna miss you big brother." Mandy, only 16, hugged Mickey tighter."Don't... don't go." She whimpered and Mickey tightened his grip."I'm sorry, I have to." They had a family talk. Of course, his piece of shit father was glad he was leaving. So he could beat the fuck out of the kids without Mickey punching back.  Mickey went to bed early that night. 8.00 actually. Mickey was up at 6 am sharp and was ready to leave by 6:30. He packed a few pictures and woke up Iggy. "I love you little brother. I will come back. I promise I'll come back." Iggy whimpered."What if daddy hurts us?" Mickey picked little 6 year old Iggy up and took him to Mandy's room, waking up Mandy. He hugged her also."Hey. Don't let dad find this. The next time--" Mickey stopped when he heard whimpering. He left the room only for a moment to see their mom with dark bruises on her neck and a black eye. He helped her to Mandy's room. He closed the door. "Listen to me." He pulled out a stack of money, that he had been saving for over the course of a year. "3 grand. You, the next time he hits any of you, you take this, and get the hell out of here. I'm going to be gone for a while, but I swear, I /will/ find you." Mickey heard the bus come, and he looked at them."They're here. I have to go." He hugged Mandy and their mother, hugging Iggy the tightest."Don't give up baby brother." Mickey had a small chain around his neck. He took it off and put it around Iggys neck. "I love you all." And that would be the last time he would say that, for the next year of his life.

/Time Skip\

Mickey Milkovich. Recruit Milkovich. Sargent Milkovich.
He hadn't been called Mickey since the day had arrived, which was two months ago. He saw another bus full of recruits drive up and he held his hand up to his head, standing with good posture. No one here knew, but Mickey was gay. Liking what he liked, didn't make him a bitch, though. One of the men caught his eye. A red head. Piercing green eyes, good posture, and a good sized ass. Mickey had to look away to stop his thoughts, and so he wouldn't have to deal with the embarrassment of having a boner. Mickey and his troop members trained along with the new recruits for the rest of the day. Climbing under wired fences, helping each other jump over huge boards. Climbing nets, holding their breath, and shooting. Mickey watched the red head, and yes, it brought down his focus. Yes, he had gotten yelled at all day. The red head was good. Never missed a target, participated. But something was off, and Mickey knew it. He wanted to get to know him more, and that's what he did.