Chapter 4.

The next day, January 18th, Mickey woke up to the scent of the red headed 17 year old. He smiled. There still wasn't much light in the tent, it was around 5am. He turned around and wrapped his arm around Ian, kissing his nose. "Wake up, fire crotch." He whispered. Mickey wanted a bit of time with the boy before they had to start training for the day. They could just talk, be lazy. Ian sighed softly, opening his eyes just slightly."Yeah?" He whispered. Mickey smiled softly and pet his hair."Get up, sleepy head. Wanna spend some time with you." Mickey spoke soft, not wanting to awake anyone else. He just wanted it to be them. Ian nodded and closed his eyes again, moving his wrist softly."Its 5am." He whispered tiredly, but obeying the boy. He turned slightly and stretched, meeting Mickey's eyes. Mickey wrapped his arm around him, not understand why he was so clingy with him. Like he fuckin trusted him. "Damnit Gallagher. Don't know why the fuck I'm cuddling you like some bitch. If you tell anyone about this--" Ian cut Mickey off with laugh."I'm not going to say anything, Mickey. I'm not." He gently grabbed his chin and leaned forward, looking into his eyes.
Shit. Shit shit shit. Ian was going to kiss him. Mickey's eyes widened softly and his breath hitched."Galla-" Ian pressed his lips to the others, and mickey closed his eyes, gently putting his hand onto his head. He pulled away a few seconds later, looking down."Goddamn." He heard the sirens go off and he instantly shot up, getting his boots on. He grabbed a shirt and threw it to Ian, getting everything ready and hopping out of the tent. He put his helmet on and got his back pack, bringing the rifle close and waiting for Ian."Hurry up firecrotch. They are close." Mickey got in front of Ian while he dressed, holding his gun out. He saw one of the enemy's, a fire burning inside of him. He had to protect Ian. He couldn't let him get hurt. He felt something for him.
Mickey fired instantly, killing the man. He watched his body fall onto the floor and he shot any other man who came near, the enemy of course. When the sirens went off, he let his gun go, still holding it gently. His breath was hard. He took someone's life. Multiple peoples lives. Brothers. Sons. Fathers. Cousins. Family. He killed them. He hurt them. Mickey leaned his head down, a few tears slipping. He felt Ian's hand and he shot up, soon looking back at him. Ian sighed and got up, wrapping his arms around the boy."It's okay. You did good." Ian whispered into the shorter boys ear. Mickey buried his face into his neck."Stop. I..Ian, I killed them." He cried harder and soon wiped his tears, moving away just slightly."Let's go back in the tent. Not gonna let someone see me cry like some bitch." He growled lowly and got in, clenching his jaw. Mickey shook his head and sat down, kicking his shoes on but keeping the gun close. Ian got in, wrapping his arms around his neck. "You did so good. You're okay. You're so amazing." He whispered, holding him. "You're good. You did the right thing. Protecting us, protecting me and your country." Ian just wanted to help him, and he kissed him again.
      Mickey kissed him back, tasting his tears."Don't know why I'm drunk like some bitch." He laughed and wiped his eyes, kissing the redhead again."Goddamnit. I just had to protect you. I couldn't, couldn't let them get you." Ian nodded and smiled."You didn't do anything wrong." Mickey laid back down, thousands of thoughts going through his mind, but over, and over Ian. Ian was in his mind. It was only Ian. He loved him. Mickey pulled him back in for a kiss and gripped his hair, whimpering into his head."Take my mind off it. Get it out of my head." He whispered.