Chapter Four - Meeting the Family (Part 2)

Niall's POV

Niall's POV

This was ridiculous.

The 20 of us – freaking 20 of us – were sitting on the huge table in a nearly isolate area of my mom's restaurant in complete silence for almost 5 minutes straight, all staring at each other like we're some kind of exposed animal in a cage on a zoo. Well, all of us but the little boys – who simply looked confused at the whole tension - and the other Lauren who was simply looking down at her fingers looking like a nervous wreck. What a weirdo.

Finally, the never-stop-smiling middle aged man that now I knew was the so mysterious boyfriend of my – apparently - mental instable mother, decided to break the quietness.

"So, kids..." He cleaned his throat and looked middle taken back when 18 heads snapped towards him at once, most of them probably looking as amused as I felt. Oh, well... "... It came to my and Renee's attention in the last few days that you guys have been asking a lot about our, hm... Love life..."

"... Please, don't say love life" One of their girls, the one who apparently was on the cheer squad with Perrie, murmured at the same time that most of us grumbled and made sick faces at the exact same time. Their father didn't seem fazed thought. Neither did our mother. Yuck.

"... The point it," Mom took over, dragging all the eyes to her "... We thought that it was time that we all got to... Know each other"

"... And warn us about, you know, that before we came here never crossed your minds?" Lauren – our Lauren – snapped and their oldest girl – Christina, I think? – raised both her brows.

"... So they didn't know either, huh?" She asked and, all at once, everyone began to talk, everyone trying to be lauder than the last in an attempt to be heard. From the corner of my eye I saw the twins drop their heads to the side and change looks with the other two youngest boys. They all seemed like they didn't get what the big deal was. I felt bad from them.

"KIDS!" The father screamed so loudly that everyone shut up and at least half flinched in fear. He took a deep breath and forced another smile. Does this guy ever stop smiling? "Don't you guys think that you may be overreacting a little bit?"

"Well, I don't know about them," The tallest of their girls, Katherina or Katherine, I believe, said calmly pointing to us "... But we are mostly upset with you for not telling us before, dad, I mean... If you hadn't hidden it form us, I believe there wouldn't a problem at all"

"... Yeah, what she said" Ally agreed, looking at mom and I frowned deeply.

"You guys talk for yourselves! Mom, you already have eight freaking kids! He has freaking eleven! What's next? Are you guys going to make us all be friends and spend holidays together like a big happy family?" I exclaimed and Mom had a thinking face on, her head dropping to the side.