Chapter One - That's a Promise

Hello pretty people!

A important thing is that their ages are not the real ones and their age gap is way bigger than in real life!

Chris is 23, Kath is 22, Lisa is 20, Amy is 14, Lauren is 8 and Dani is 7

"Hi, my name is Lisa Cimorelli, I'm here for Lauren? Lauren Cimorelli"

"Oh, just a moment, ma'am"

I nodded tightly and stepped away from the counter, watching as the old lady behind it grabbed a phone and began to dial a number.

I turned around and held my hands together, willing them to stop shaking while I studied the place around me, my wildly beating heart breaking one more time as I took into my surroundings and, boy, the girls weren't kidding. This place was freaking terrifying.

I still couldn't believe those terrible people didn't let any of my other sisters to take Lauren, or at least allowed them to see her in those two days it took me to get in here. How could people be so cold?

My mind wandered back to the second hearth breaking phone call I got in less than 24 hours, almost two days ago.

***

How is it even possible that freaking New York has no open flight to freaking Nashville on the next three days?

I was pacing around in my room, head in hands, nearly ripping my hair out of my head and tears threatening to fall from my eyes while Nathan, my boyfriend, tried – and failed – to calm me down. That was when my cellphone rang and I answered it in an instant when I saw the name on the screen.

"Christina? You will not believe it! There's no freaking fly to Nashville until three freaking days from now! I would probably get in there sooner if I went by driving. I'm so mad right now... Anyway, did you get the girls? Are they okay?" The silence on the other side of the line disturbed me. This was Christina. I know that our parents died and she's just as much as heartbroken as the rest of us, but this was Christina and she kept absolutely silent during my whole ramble. Something else is wrong. "Chrissy?"

"Lisa..." She sniffled and I felt my blood go cold.

"What? Are the girls okay?"

"Lise... I... You have to get in here. Soon" I was probably half step away from a freaking panic attack. Nathan was trying to come close to me, but I held up a hand to stop him.

"Why? Christina, talk to me"

"Alright... You know how we talked about how our parents left the custody of each of the little girls to one of us?"