Chapter Two - Goodbye

Hello pretty people :)

So, I decided to keep the boys in the story but I also changed their ages (a lot) so now the little boys are older than Lauren and Dani; Joey's 10, Nick's 11 and Christian's 12 and also, Alex is older than Amy and is 18. ;)

Nathan parked outside the church, turned off the car and we all just sat in there.

In all honestly, in the middle of the whole chaos, the panic and the worry, it had somehow escaped my mind for a moment or two what had brought us to this whole mess in first place.

Mom and Dad. Gone.

It was so hard to believe it, to simply wrap my mind around it and accept it. My parents are gone and they won't be coming back. They are truly gone forever and the thought of it hurts so much that it can get hard to breath.

I felt a hand gently rest on top of mine and looked up, finding concerned blue eyes staring back at me, a silent question hanging in them. I sighed deeply and nodded. Nathan nodded back, leaned in to kiss my forehead and quickly got out of the car, heading for the backseat door.

I shifted my gaze to the review mirror in front of me and stared at the reflection of the sleeping child on the back seat.

While we were still at the hospital Christina called us again and told us to go straight to the church where the funeral would happen. We stopped at a crappy hotel though, got a cheap room where we could put our stuff and take a quick shower before we got back inside the car.

Lauren was passed out most of the time, though, a mix of her being exhausted from sleep deprivation and pain and the medications the doctors gave her.

Fractured. Her wrist was damn fractured and now wrapped up in a blue cast.

Every time I thought about my little sister in so much pain for so long because nobody did I thing I felt physically sick. However, for her sake and my own, I tried to simply focus on the fact that she was now with me. Safe and sound.

I must have gotten lost in my own thoughts for a little too long because the next thing I know, Nathan had already picked up Lauren and was now on my side, opening my door and offering me a hand, which I thankfully accepted.

The ceremony had already begun when we walked in, so we tried to be as quiet as we could and went to sit with the rest of the family. Nathan sat on the edge of the bench with a half asleep Lauren on his lap and I sat between them and Kath, who gave me a worried look.

The ceremony – at least the part we got – was beautiful. And incredible sad. I was bawling within 5 minutes. I think that it was only then that it fully hit me. And I didn't bother to hold my tears in. Neither did my siblings. When Mike and Chris got to the stage to give their speeches they both had swollen and red eyes. However, they talked beautifully and sent everybody into sobbing messes.