Cinderella

"I expect that floor to be very shiny when we return. So shiny, as a matter of fact, that I will be able to see myself in the reflection!" 

   Cinder gazed up at her stepmother, Rita for a moment before going back to scrubbing the marble floor clean. Soap suds had begun to cover her mousy blonde hair. She didn't dare argue with Rita, she knew that her stepmother could take advantage of any rebellious thing Ella did.

   She sniffed the air and walked away, her heeled boots leaving marks on the floor that Ella could never take out. Ella heard squeals from her stepsisters makeup rooms as they tried on ball gowns that would never make them look any better than they did.

   Their eldest sister, Lucy stepped out of her room in a short, yellow party dress. Ella could not wait to see her mother's reaction. Her short brown bob of hair had two purple clips in it, and she was wearing red lip gloss. 

   Her other sister, Lottie paraded out of the room in a low scoop brown gown that brought out her dark round eyes. She grinned at Lucy, showing red braces.

   "What do you think?" She asked.

   "Oh, just fabulous. Too bad our servant can't make it to the ball tonight. Just imagine the way Prince Eldon will swoon over us!"

   "Oh yes, it's a shame. By the way, Cinder, don't forget to clean the bathroom! I think we might have made a little mess in there!"

   The two sisters left after their mother, giggling. Cinder sighed and picked up the filthy bucket of water. Whatever the two girls had left, it was going to occupy her the while that they were gone. While passing her sisters room, she heard a familiar beeping inside. Curious, Cinder checked the doors to see if the girls had already left. They had.

   Cinder took three quick steps inside the room and noted a flashing device under Lucy's bed. She retrieved it and looked over her shoulder, certain that her stepmother or one of her sisters would be in the doorway. There was only silence.

   The device continued to flash green lights and beep annoying sounds. A small swich on the side revealed that there was an instant message for Lucy Meszora. Cinder's curiousity grew as she turned on the electronic. A voice message made her jump. The voice was feminine and unfamiliar.

   "Hello, I have a message for Lucy M."

   Cinder sputtered a few quick codes at the voice to unlock it. The voice continued.

   "Lucy M, we have a ruler on Mars that would like to connect with you. No one must know about this deliverance. We will have a hover ready for you on Main Street and you will be send immediately to Mars. You will have no way back to Earth unless you bring a communication circle. Would you like to hear more, Lucy M?"

   Cinder was able to manage a few words. "Thats enough, thank you."