Prologue

"Nora Grey?"

I turned at the sound of my name, felt a grin spread across my face as I saw her. 

"Cathy?!" I let a squeak escape my lips and i threw my arms around her, inhaling the familiar sent of Vanilla and Cinnamon. Her hair was darker than i remembered, but her face hadn't changed, smooth, tanned face, wide blue eyes, the kind of blue that almost sparkled, and lush plump lips. She hadn't aged a day. She was smiling "Been a long time kiddo" I nodded, "Haven't seen you since my dad's.." I felt a pang of loss in the pit of my stomach at the mention of my dad, she nodded and rubbed my shoulder. "The funeral, i know, sorry.. i had to leave town for a while" A smile made its way across my face despite myself and i hugged her again, she laughed, "What have i missed?you married yet?" I choked on a laugh, "Omigosh no, i do..have a boyfriend though" I felt an involuntary blush creep up my cheeks. She smirked mischievously, I had missed that, but before i could say anything, i felt a familiar shiver race up my spine, it meant only one thing. 

Patch.

I turned around and saw him lazily making his way towards us, he had his cap on covering his eyes, as usual, but i could see the ghost of smile on his lips as he laced his arm around my waist. "Angel." I smiled and leaned up to brush my lips against his, i felt the same electric buzz i got whenever he touched me. Pulling back i watched as his eyes flitted behind me, and all of a sudden his face fell, i could see a dark shadow of recognition in his eyes. 

"Athea." He nodded and i turned as Cathy's face fell and she nodded in turn. "Jev." I looked between the two of them, "You two know each other?" The reply was spoken in unison by them both. "Something like that" The way they said it, so flat and monotonous, made my stomach flip, I laid my eyes on Cathy and watched as she swapped her gaze from to Patch before finally setting on Patch,, who began to smirk "Shouldn't you be doing your job Athea?" She scowled at him "No.. there was.." The half finished hung in the air as she looked at me briefly, i watched as Patch's expression went from smirking, to surprise, to controlled anger. I knew him well enough to know something ticked him off, they were blatantly speaking to each other through mind speak, I crossed my arms and suddenly felt incredibly left out. "I'm not a child,you don't have to keep secrets from me" They both turned they gaze to me, Cathy spoke first. "I'll see you around kiddo, I've got...errands to run" She nodded briefly at Patch and turned curtly on her heel, and left. 

I turned to Patch, "There's something you're not telling me... How do you know her?" Patch's lips were set in a thin line. "Let's just say, she helped me on my way down."