The Dorm Room [25]

shout out to @bruhitsme2000 for writing a great story that's inspired by mine! go check it out! called room 204
{ btw more flashbacks! }
chapter 25: flash backs or tragedies?
dustin pov

"dustin! y-you weren't supposed to hear that," kalea says still a little jumpy from earlier.

"so? i'm glad that i did," i shrug and stick out my hand to help her up. she takes it and stands up with my help. i notice her eyes are glossy and her cheeks are red. "don't be embarrassed kalea, you didn't do anything wrong."

"i'm not embarrassed, i like you dustin," she says hiccuping and looking up at me.

"oh." i say plainly.

"god why did i say that?" she says starting to cry.

"no! i meant to say i like you back," i try to smile but i feel bad enough.

"sure," she rolls her eyes. "can you just give me a ride home? i was supposed to go with liza, but she left because she didn't hear anything from me."

"yeah of course," i shrug and i walk her out to my car. once we get in my car, i drive in silence.

/////

"goodbye kalea," i smile as she leaves.

"sure," she says walking away from my car and slamming the door.

"god," i tell myself as i lean on my steering wheel and listening to my breathes. i finally drive away about twenty minutes after kalea left.

"this freaking sucks!" i yell at myself as i turn the corner to my street. i pull into my driveway, and get out after fifteen minutes.

"good evening mr tyler," i hear mom tell me as i walk into the living room. i stay with mom in wisconsin whilst dad, andrea, and emma live in canada.

"good evening mother, what's for supper?" i ask. i'm supposed to call mom this or ma'am because she wants me to use grammar and good behavior. i don't understand why we have to say these weird things though.

"chicken caesar pasta salad," mom says while motioning me to the table. i pull out a chair from the neat set of chairs at the table, and sit down.

"thank you mother," i nod my head as i  pick up my spoon and eat the pasta.

"my pleasure dustin," she says placing the napkin on her lap. she clears her throat motioning to me to do the same which i do.

"mother, there's some things that are happening in school and i need to have your input on it," i tell her after swallowing my food.

"well, son sometimes there are things i don't need to know," mom says before leaving the table. "excuse me."

that was one of the worst dinners of my life.

the following morning i take my time getting out of bed. i go to my bathroom and put my hands on the sink. i look in the mirror to see one hell of myself. i look like death. i cried myself to sleep last night. i don't know why, but probably the guilt. i can't take it. when i'm finally ready for school, i leave without saying bye to mom because she's already at work.