Epilogue

20 years later

"Honey, are you okay?"

Jungkook looked to his right and saw his wife, Olivia, giving him a concerned gaze. They were driving by the expressway on their way to their favourite restaurant in Yeongdong; a promise Jungkook had made to take his wife on a well-deserved date.

The only downside was how he had been feeing jittery all morning without really knowing why; not to mention a little tired from all the work the previous week. He sighed and reached out for her hand, lacing his fingers through hers.

"I'm fine, babe." He answered just as he stepped on the break, seeing the slight traffic ahead.

"You sure?" She frowned and Jungkook raised her hand to his lips for a kiss. "We can go home—"

"No. I promised I'd take you out today." He smiled at her gently. "We haven't had much time together with work... and the kids..."

"Come on, we sleep in the same bed every night."

"We pass out the moment we lie down!" He said, making her giggle. "Not exactly bonding, Liv."

"Are you saying we should be doing more than just sleeping in our bed?"

Jungkook glanced at her with a smirk, wiggling his eyes suggestively. "That's exactly what I'm saying."

Olivia rolled her eyes and reached out to touch his ear, twiddling it slightly. Jungkook smiled at the contact. "I know how tired you are from work." She said and Jungkook sighed, relaxing as she moved her hands to massage his nape. "We can always hang out at home. I don't mind, Jungkook."

Jungkook sighed and smiled at her, appreciating her understanding then leant over the console to give her a sweet kiss.

"I love you." He said and Olivia wondered how in the many years they've been together--almost twelve years as husband and wife, those three words coming out of his lips never failed to make her heart race.

"I love you too."

And those were the last words they ever said to each other before glass shards flew everywhere... and everything fell apart.

HEADLINE: Shocking crash in Yeongdong, South Korea Bus Accident

18 July 2016

END