Phoenix Blackheart

I jolted awake from the sound of my pet crow, Onyx's, "singing". I hate going to school. It's something I truly dread. Everyone, except me (and my friends), is so stupid and annoying. I sluggishly got out of bed and put on some Black Sabbath to help me get ready. Before I started, I walked over to Onyx's cage and gave her some bird seed. I smiled as she cawed and went searching my closets for something to wear. I pieced together a Black Craft Cult shirt that read 'Hail Satan, Drink Coffee', black pleather shorts, thigh high socks with garters, and my mary jane style boots.

I sat at my vanity and did my usual music routine; Perfectly drawn eyebrows, black and red eyeshadow, and dark lipstick. I put on my round retro sunglasses and my bowler hat, and looked at myself in the mirror, smiling. I grabbed my school bag and left my room. I crept into my little brother's room and planted a kiss on his head. He was asleep and I didn't want to wake him just to say goodbye.

"Morning, Princess."

"Morning, Father." I smiled and hugged him. "Do want me to make you something to eat?"

"No, no, I'm alive alright darling. I'll just make myself a cup of tea and go back to bed."

"Aw, do you not feel too well?"

"Not really, but I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? I could quickly make a potion for you..."

"No, I'm fine sweetheart. Hurry to school so you won't be late. There's 20 bucks for you on the table next to the front door. Treat yourself to a nice lunch."

"Thanks, Father. I'll see you later, after school."

I picked up the twenty and rushed out the door. I decided to walk to school today. It was a nice, gloomy day, so I might as well take advantage of all the time I can. I hope something interesting happens at school today because everyone is too stupid for me to deal with.