Prologue

A tall, vague figure stood in the dim light of the cramped room. It said clearly, ringing out for what seemed like hours, "It's time." The smaller, more shaky figure replied "What about NATO-" He was interrupted with a quick "They won't stand a chance. Don't even think about those losers." The smaller figure implored what he meant. "What nation are we taking down this time then? It's only been what, 1500 years?" The taller figure thought for a second. "I say something weak, something corrupt." The other replied, "We're very strong, we could always attack them from the core." "That's too risky. We need to distract them then strike from the core." "These nations have a very strange way of dealing with things. Let's leave them alone... for now." The taller figure agreed. Let's see how they destroy themselves this time, he thought. A loud "Hey!" brought him back to real life. "You zoned out on me there," the smaller figure said. "Sorry. I think that the humans will probably destroy themselves again. Should we try saving them? They may hurt us." The smaller figure replied, "Your call." He thought. He had been on the moon with Byzantine a long time. Byzantine and him had been away from Earth so long, it felt like they were aliens. But they weren't. They are humans. "Rome, answer my question," the smaller figure said. "Byzantine, should we try to take over Earth again? There are no more barbarians, and I bet some nations would team up with us." That was a bold statement for an empire that has been sitting on the moon for a millennia and a half. Byzantine replied, "Of course. Should we start small? Like maybe a few tiny revolts here and there?" Rome considered this. "Let's wait a couple years, tensions are already high down there." "Alright," Byzantine replied.