Chapter Three

(Felicity' outfit above)

"Oh shit, shit, shit, shit! Its 10:30 am and my interview was at 10!" I screamed as I rushed into the bathroom to get ready.

"What the hell Fel! Why are you screaming?" Izzy asks getting out of bed.

"I had an interview at a coffee shop at 10! Can you please go pick out an outfit for me while I get my hair and makeup done?"

"Sure babe."

I took a quick shower and hopped out. I decided to leave my brown wavy hair as they were. I applied some mascara and lipstick and asked Izzy to hand me the outfit she picked for me. She had chosen a black dress that reached right above my knees and reached right above my elbows. It has a black belt right at its waist.

"Thanks Belle."

"No prob Fel."

I hurriedly wore some black pumps and grabbed my black Chanel purse. I decided to call Alexia.

"Hey Alexia. It's Felicity."

"Felicity where are you? It's 10:50 right now! Your interview was at 10!"

"I know! I know! I'm sorry! The thing is I stayed up late last night and my alarm didn't go off!"

"It's fine just come as soon as you can."

"I'll be there in 10 mins." I say and hang up the phone rushing out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rushed into the café and bumped into a hard chest.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed as I turned my head up to look at the stain I made at the man's shirt.

"Oh my! I'm sorry! I spilled coffee all over your shirt!" I said as I went over to grab a few tissues to clean the stain off his shirt.

"Chill Felicity. It's fine. It's just a coffee stain. It'll come off with some stain remover." Said the man.

"Wait how do you know my name?" I turn up to see Jackson, my new neighbor standing there.

"Oh hey there Jackson. I'm really sorry about the stain." I said as I lowered my eyes to look at the floor.

"Like I said, it's fine." He replied smiling.

"Felicity!"

I turn around to see Alexia standing there waving to me. I turn back to Jackson and say, "I'm sorry. I have to go. I'll see you later."

"Sure no problem." And with that he leaves the cafe.

"Hey Alexia. I'm so sorry I'm late. My alarm didn't go off and when I woke up it was super late and-" Alexia cuts me off from my rant.

"It's fine. You're here now. My parents aren't that strict so you're good. Now come on." Alexia explains.

"Thanks a lot Alexia." I say gratefully.

"No problem." Alexia responds.

She leads me to the back of the cafe, where I see a woman, probably around her mid forties and a man, probably around his late forties. The woman had strawberry blonde hair, only had a few wrinkles, and was wearing an apron around her baby pink top. The man had dark brown hair, and had quite a few stress lines.

"Felicity, these are my parents. Mom and dad, this is Felicity." Alexia introduces us to each other.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you both." I greet them courteously.