Chapter sixteen; The Seeking Terrors

Ty couldn't fall asleep that night. Neither could Amy. She was worried for Ty. She thought he was overreacting just a little bit when he first heard of his unknown relatives, but now that they were staying at the dude ranch, Amy regretted ever thinking it.
  It was about 1:00 am. Amy rolled over in bed to see Ty on his phone.
"Can't sleep?" Amy asked.
  "Sorry did I wake you?" Ty turned off his phone.
  "No no. I've been up. Nugget is practicing his soccer skills." Amy laughed.
"Hey," Ty placed his hands on Amy's belly. "You give mommy a break. She's gotten her butt kicked by you." Ty laughed.
Amy giggled too.
"Ty," Amy asked putting her hands on his arm. "About earlier."
"Amy I really don't want to talk about it-"
"No please Ty. I know something else is wrong too. What is it?"  Amy asked.
"Amy I..."
"Please. Im worried about you." Amy begged.
"You remember Caitlin?" Ty asked.
"Uh...oh the new vet assistant?" Amy said.
"Yeah. Well looks like Cass finally got to the bottom of her story." Ty said.
"Really? Well what is it?" Amy sat up.
"Okay um, she was actually pregnant four weeks back I believe." Ty said.
"Really?" Amy asked.
"Yeah. The reason that she stares off into space is that she thinks about her baby every time she's sees that picture of me and you on my desk in my office. Amy...her baby...died."
"What?" Amy asked.
"Everything was fine. When she woke up she felt sick and they took her to the hospital. She had a miscarriage." Ty said. 
Amy was speechless.
"Amy I didn't want to keep this from you I-"
Amy interrupted Ty with a hug. "Ty why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"I didn't know how! I've been praying and been worrying until I feel sick. I don't know how to cope after that sort of news. I didn't want to make you feel like that would happen to Nugget." Ty confessed.
"Ty, nugget isn't going anywhere. Nuggets safe and sound," Amy rubbed her belly. "What happened to Caitlin was awful. I need to talk to her but, Ty the only thing you need to set you're mind to is you're aunt and cousin. Im not accusing but I think you need to see why they came and see if they had anything to do with Lou's pipe." Amy said.
"I need to know where exactly they are.   Amy I'll have to talk about this in the morning. I think we both need sleep." Ty said.
"Okay. Love you." Amy said as she lied down.
"Love you." Ty whispered.

The next morning, Lisa and Lou were up early with Jack at the dude ranch pipe site. Jack was fixing the pipe while Lou and Lisa were looking in the shed for any evidence.
Lou was scouting through the garden tools while Lisa looked through Mitch's tools he stored in the shed.
"What kind of tool would cut a pipe?" Lou asked.
"A sharp one I guess." Lisa laughed.
"Yeah," Lou fake laughed. "Out of all the times, why now? Why did this have to happen now?"
"Lou, we can't control what happens. All we can do is go with it." Lisa said.
Lou half smiled. "I guess you're right. Tell me you're not frustrated with this though?" Lou asked.
"I believe me I am. But we'll get through it. Trust me."
"Hey Lou, Lisa! Come here!" Jack called.
Lisa and Lou rushed out of the shed to where Jack was sitting by the pump.
"What is it?" Lou asked.
"Look at all these plastic shavings," Jack pointed to the ground.
"So?" Lou said.
"This can only be made by a type of saw. Lets go check every saw to see if there is any shavings on one." Jack said.
"Do you really think this could be it?" Lisa asked.
"I don't know for sure, but we have to look any way. If we do find evidence we'll take it to the police."

Ty was in the office looking up an address on his laptop. His fingers went like crazy. He needed to find his cousin and aunt. There was multiple hotels in Calgary. They stayed at Lou's dude ranch, and now we're staying at a hotel so which one?
Ty picked up the phone again and called his mom. She was very tired sounding on the phone. Ty tried to get as many words out of her as he could. He eventually got a name for a motel right outside of Hudson.
"Alright, bye I love you." Ty hung up the phone.
"Who was that?" Tim walked into the barn.
"It was my mom." Ty said.
"Hey I heard about you're aunt and cousin. That must have been a shocker." Tim said.
"Yeah they were. And what's even worse is that they are a suspect for Lou's broken water pipe. Jack thinks they sabotaged the pipe." Ty said.
"You're relatives broke Lou's pipe?!" Tim said.
"We don't know for sure, all we do know is that they are a suspect. Everyone is." Ty said.
"That means even Georgie? And you and Amy?" Tim sarcastically asked.
Ty gave him a look.
"Sorry. It's just that you seem so...on edge I guess. Rarely see that side of you." Tim said.
"Yeah and I wish I could keep it that way but I can't. Not now at least." Ty said typing away on his computer.
"Well if you need help tracking down these people, let me know." Tim said patting Ty on the shoulder then left the room.
"Thanks." Ty called back.