Chapter fifteen; Two Truths and a Lie

"Ho, Spartan." Georgie rode Spartan one early morning for Amy to get him some exercise. She took Spartan up to the top of the east hill to see where all the other horses went.
The crisp spring air blew through Georgie's braids and flowed through Spartans mane. Whinnies from the other horses came from Georgie's left. Harley, Pal, Buddy, and Trouble were all out together grazing. Phoenix, Copper, and another client horse were in the barn.
It was a nice 70 degree day. Harley, and Buddy raced into the water for a swim. Spartan nickered and jumped forward. "Woah boy. Easy!" Georgie pulled on her reins.
Spartan didn't stop. "Woah! What is wrong with you?" Georgie put her feet into first position and backed Spartan up. "There. Easy." Georgie had finally gotten spartan to a stop. At least that's what she thought. Spartan then looked at the horses then bolted towards them.
"Woah boy! Easy!"  Georgie couldn't get him to stop.
Spartan galloped down the hill all the way to the bottom. His body shifted towards the pond.
"Oh don't you dare! No Spartan! Woah!" Georgie yelled.
Spartan raced across the field. His hooves finally touched the water. He ran as fast as he could straight into the pond.
Georgie realized she couldn't stop him so she wrapped her arms around Spartans neck and held on for dear life.
Once Spartan reached the other horses, he stopped immediately. Georgie went flying from Spartan right into the cold water. "Woah!!" Georgie yelled as she landed.
She swam back to shore coughing up water. She sat on a rock and groaned. "Spartan." She mumbled.

   "Ty?" Amy asked walking down the loft stairs.
"Amy," Ty ran over to her. "You shouldn't be walking downstairs."
"Ty this is getting ridiculous. I can walk." Amy took his arm off her shoulder.
"Amy," Ty sighed. "Im just looking out for you."
"I know you are. But you're extra bubble wrapping me now," Amy started to walk towards the stalls.
  "When you fell down to the floor," Ty started.
  Amy turned and looked confused at Ty.
"I didn't know what to do Amy! I felt...useless!" Ty shouted.
"No Ty don't talk like that-"
"I did Amy! I...I don't want that to happen again." Ty choked.
"Ty," Amy walked over and grabbed his waist. "I don't want you to feel like that around me, ever. I want you to feel loved, like you can trust me, and-"
"Amy please. I can't help but feel that..." Ty sighed.
"You can trust me." Amy said kissing Ty.
Ty just looked.
"I know working with horses seems dangerous while pregnant but honestly,  my accident with Copper has taught me more about him than I've ever known!" Amy said.
"I...I just want to look out for you Amy." Ty stuttered.
"I know you do." Amy kissed Ty again.
"Is everything okay with you?"
"Yeah. Yeah.. um I have to go to uh.. to work. Nothing...nothing's wrong. But I really do have to go. Bye sweetie." Ty kissed Amy  then got into his truck and left for work.
Amy sighed and shook her head. She knew something was wrong with Ty. And it wasn't just him worried for Amy. There was something else going on.

About an hour had passed. It was now 10:30 am. Georgie walked all the way back by the side of Spartan as he followed.
"Wow..." Amy said walking over to grab Spartans lead. "What happened to you two?"
"Water happened." Georgie huffed her bluish-purplish lips.
"Lets get you inside to get a change of clothes then you can help me with Spartan, okay?" Amy said.
"Yeah. Can do." Georgie said folding her arms. She then sighed and sat on a hay bale.
"You know I don't know what it is with everyone today but it's like everyone has something wrong." Amy sighed.
"Huh? Oh sorry. I just have a lot on my mind." Georgie said.
"Like what?" Amy asked.
"Well Adam is on my mind...a lot and what makes the situation even more complicated is that Stephens Dad is getting a job back in Hudson so he may be moving back." Georgie said.
"Georgie! That's great news! Haven't you missed him?" Amy asked.
"Of course I've missed him! It just makes things more complicated with the whole Adam thing." Georgie sighed.
"Georgie, its been a few weeks. I know it's not easy, coming from personal experience, but moving forward with you're life? See how it goes with Stephen!" Amy said.
"It's not that simple..."
"Maybe. Maybe not. You'll never know if you don't try." Amy looked at Georgie.
Georgie looked at Amy back and smiled.