Chapter 1

-(AaliyahJay)

-(AaliyahJay)

I ran down the old steps of my two bedroom apartment carrying my bookbag. Racing down the street making sure I jumped over puddles trying not to get my shoes wet since it's been raining. It's been four days since my mom went on a business trip.
Being by myself has become a normal thing. I'm very responsible for my age.

I made it to the bus stop just as people were loading on the bus. Stepping on I looked around to find my bestfriend Karla,

 Stepping on I looked around to find my bestfriend Karla,

-(theerealKarlaJ)

She of course was in the back with some dude all up in her face.

Walking through the aisles of the cramped school bus, I managed not to bump in to anyone. For a 18 year old I had a body of a 12 year old. I never been the type to be self conscious but I swear when I get the money I'm upgrading myself.

" Do you have a nigga" The guy asked

" No... Why?" She lied

I made up my face then cleared my throat to catch their attention.

"Oh hey Aaliyah " I looked back and forth between the two.

" um Shawn this is her seat." He got up looking me up and down then licked his lips causing me to roll my eyes.

" My bad, My bad " he repeated as he purposely brushed passed me.

"Karla what was that about?" I questioned "What was what about?"

"You just told this nigga you don't have a boyfriend. Knowing damn well you have a whole husband"

"Now you know I was just playing" "Yeah whatever. Now if Branden find out don't say nothing about him not wanting to be with you"

" Please. Branden does not want to leave me i'm the best thing that has ever happened to him" not wanting to argue, I put my earphones in the rest of the bus ride. As soon as the bus came to a stop i quickly jumped out my seat only to be stopped by people before me. "Hoe wait for me" Karla said behind me tryna get her stuff together.