12

-August Pov-

"What Else They Say?" I Said On The Phone.
"Aight Bruh," I Said Hanging Up.

I Was Sitting In Between Amari's Legs While She Braided My Hair.

"Whats Wrong?" She Asked.

"These Dumbass Producers," I Said Rubbing My Temples.
"They Put My Video On Youtube Before Mtv After I Told Them Not To," I Said Getting Irritated.
"I'll Fix It Babe," She Said Kissing The Side Of My Face.
I Nodded My Head & Put My Head Back On Her Stomach. "You Stressing Too Much August," She Said Greasing My Scalp. "I Know Mama... Just Want Everything To Be Perfect," I Said. "I Know Babe. I'll Take Care Of Everything."

"This Why I Love You," I Said Looking Up At Her & puckering My Lips.
She Smiled & Kissed Me.

"This Is Our Only Off Day So Let's Do Something," I Suggested. "Like What?"
I Sat & Thought For A Minute. "Shit I Dont Even Know," I Said. "We Can Just Stay In & Order Food & see If Ty & Nyla Are Busy," Amari Said. I Shrugged & Nodded My Head.

"Oh Babe. The Other Day This Was Left On The Front Porch," She Said Handing Me A Box.
I Opened It & Scrunched Up My Face. "The Fuck?" I Said.
"Whats Wrong?" Amari Asked.
"This The Necklace I Bought Keisha On Her Birthday.. See," I Said Opening Up The Locket. It Was A Picture Of Me & Keisha. "How The Fuck It Get To My House? August I Swear To God If This Bitch Is Coming To My House Making Plots Im Going To Kill Her. On My Sister's Grave," She Said Getting Mad.

"I Know Amari. Calm Down.. I'll Handle It," I Said.
"Bitches Better Stop Playing With Me."

I Just Shook My Head & Went Upstairs. What Type of Weird Ass Game Is Keisha Playing, But She Need To Stop. Too Grown For This Shit. I Took Off My Jacket & Shoes & Plopped In The Middle Of The Bed On My Stomach. I Heard The Door Open Causing Me To Lay On My Side. I Saw Amari Walking Around The Room.

She Found What She Was Looking For & Started To Walk Out. "Come Here Amari," I Said. She Huffed & Sat On The Bed.

"I Aint Mean To Walk Out Like That. I Just Got Irritated Cause You Made It Seem Like It Was My Fault & Shit," I Said.
"Its Not That August... Its The Simple Fact She's Doing Because Of YOU! All Im Saying Is Put The Bitch In Her Place Or I Will," She Said Rolling Her Eyes. "Okay Amari.. Can I Have A Kiss Now?" I Asked. She Hesitated, But Leaned In & Kissed My Lips. She Tried To Pull Away, But I Grabbed Her Shirt. "Guh If You Dont Give Yo Man A Real Kiss & Stop Playin'," I Said Just An Inch Away From Her Lips. She Pressed Her Lips Against Mine & Licked My Bottom Lip. I Opened My Mouth & Slid My Tongue In Her Mouth.
"Thats How You Kiss Ya Man," I Said Smirking. "Whatever," She Said Blushing.
"What You Was Doing Downstairs?" I Asked.

"Paperwork," She Said Laying Her Head On My Chest. "You Work Too Much Mama. This Ya Off Day," I Said. "I Know But With Your Photoshoot, My Clients For Hair, & Clients For Houses, Its A Lot So I Have To Get The Job Done... Im Exhausted," She Said.

"Come On. Let's Go To Sleep," I Said Wrapping My Arms Around. She Rubbed The Back Of My Neck Causing Me To Drift Off To Sleep.

________________________

-Amari Pov-

"Yeeesss Girl! A Necklace Locket That August Bought Her For Her Birthday," I Said Explaining Everything To Nyla While Ty & Aug Went To The Store. "She Didnt Leave A Note Or Nothing?" Nyla Asked.
"No! Im Tellin You Bestfriend This Bitch Pushing Her Limits."

"Bitch Aint No Limits! She Decked In Her Shit On Sight. Period," She Said Sitting On The Counter.
I Just Nodded & Rubbed My Temples.
"Not To Bring It Up But What Happened When You Went To GG's House?" She Asked.
I Took A Deep Breath & Stood Next To Her.
"I Broke Down Thinking About Na'Mari.. Knowing This Gonna Be A Third Birthday Spent Without Her & Not Only Is It Our Birthday. . Its Her Death Date," I Said Feeling A Lump Form In My Throat.
"Trust Me Amari.. I Miss Nana Just As Much As You Do... Did You Forget Yall Been My Bestfriends Since The 2nd Grade? It Tears Me Up To When I Talk To Ty About It Because Its Still A Sensitive Subject.. I Know Its Been 3 Years, But That Shit Still Cuts Real Deep... But We Gotta Live & Be Happy For Her," She Said. I Nodded & Hugged Nyla Really Tight. "We're All We Got Now B.. Lets Make The Best Of It," Ny Said. "I Can't Lose You Ny."
"I Can't Lose You Either Bubba," She Said Hugging Tighter. I Really Love My Bestfriend Because She's Been Here Since We Were 7 Years Old. She Was There When My Parents Died, she Was There When Me & Nana Went To The System, she Was There When We Here Homeless & Her Mom Took Us In, She Was There When We Moved With GG & Papa Like Nyla Was Basically Me & Nana's Trio. We Always Felt Like Triplets Because It Literally Was ALWAYS Us three. In The Neighborhood & In School. When We Got To High School I Swear We Were The Hottest Bitches & we Knew It.
Nyla Was The Fighter, Na'Mari Was The Verbal Instigator Who Was Always Loud & I Was The Peace Maker, But I Whooped On A Couple Of Bitches Who Tried To Come For My Twin. Yeah I Didnt Play When It Came To Nana. She Was Born First, But I Still Protected Her Like If I Was The Older One.
I Broke Out Of My Thoughts When I Heard August & Ty Come In The Front Door Laughing. They Put The Bags On The Table & Walked Over To Us. "Hey Sexy," Aug Said Pecking My Lips Repeatedly. "I Missed You Babe. You Was At The Store Tooooo Long," I Pouted. "Aye Dont Start That," He Said Touching My Lip. I Stopped Pouting & Hugged Him Tight. "You Good?" He Asked. "Mhm. Just Hug Me Back."
He Hugged Back & I Felt So Secure. I Honestly Dont Want August To Ever Go Anywhere Because He Completes Me.
"I Aint Goin Nowhere Baybeh,"He Whispered In My Ear Making Me Smile. I Looked up At Him & Kissed Him Like It Was My Last Time.
"Okay Nobody Wanna See Allat," Ty Said. "Bitch Dont Start With Me," I Said Glaring At Him.
"Whatever. Just Get Ta Cookin Witcho Corn Muffin Face Ass."