23

-August Pov-

I was out of the hospital, but I still couldn't perform for two weeks. I had to get my fluids where they're supposed to be.

I was sitting on the hotel bed watching TV when Amari walked in with Braylen. "I brought you Popeye's & a lemonade," she said handing me one of the bags & my drink. "Thank ya babe," I said.
"Welcome. Your mom said she loves you & you're in her prayers," she said. I nodded & chewed on my food slowly since I was still weak. "Da-da!" Braylen yelled while Amari fed him mashed potatoes. "Wassup?" I said. "Eh mine," he said pointing to the mashed potatoes making me chuckle.

"Babe Braylen had a fit all because of I didn't buy him grits," Amari said shaking her head. "Did you whoop his ass?" I asked. "You know I can't whoop him. I'll start crying," she whined.

"Baybeh I done told you about dat' shit. When he cuttin' up you gotta discipline him or he gon keep doin' it & it'll make him be outta' control when he get olda'," I said.
"But baaaabe! Its hard spanking him. When his lip quivers & he looks at me with such disappointment. I hate it," she said. "You'll tighten up baybeh," I said chuckling.

When I was done eating, Braylen crawled over to me & reached out for me to pick him up. I picked him up & kissed his cheek. "You can walk so why you crawlin'?" I asked him. "Oh & babe we gotta stop giving him his pacifier because the doctor said he can grow a gap & an overbite," Amari said. "Aight," I said admiring my son.

"How have you been feeling though?" She asked sitting next to me on the bed. "Still weak, but I'a be good," I said. "Well I'll just keep bringing you lemonade & lemon water to keep you hydrated babe," she said making me half smile. I was real grateful for Amari & I wanted her to see that.

"You love flossin' dat' Lil ring huh?" I asked Amari watching her look at her engagement ring. "Yeeessss babe! I'm about to be wearing this for the rest of my life," she said proudly making me shake my head. "You betta' not take dat' shit off eitha' or imma fuck you up," I said seriously.

"Fuck," Braylen said making me cover his mouth. "Don't say dat' Braylen. Dats a bad word," I said.
He laughed & clapped his hands & Amari started laughing & clapping her hands with him making me stale face her.

"What? I love when he gets excited," she pouted. "Tuck yo lip in fo' I bite dat' mothafucka off," I said watching her pout like a kid. "You're so mean August," she said laying back. I shook my head & put my trash on the side of bed.

I drank my lemonade & laid all the way down in the bed feeling my body get weak. I hated not being able to perform or move around. A nigga like me can't stand in one spot for too long & this shit was driving me up the roof. I watched Braylen & Amari play fight all over the room which made me smile & shake my head. Amari had a strong connection with Braylen & I don't know if it's because its our first child or if she finally has someone who won't give up on her. I never gave up on her, but a point of time I gave up hope. By the way Braylen interacts with Amari, I know he'll never give up on her.

He loved his mama just as much as I loved mine.

_______________________________

Two weeks ended up Turing into four because my blood pressure had dropped down. But now, I was better than before & I was finally back on the road being able to perform.
I only had one more month left of tour & I was going to try & make the best of it.

"Babe you wanna do somethin' today before ta'night's show?" I asked Amari as she laid on the bed in the back room. "I don't feel good babe," she said. She was wrapped in a blanket & she looked sick & tired.
"Damn, you good? What's wrong?" I asked. "I think it's this weather. My body is weak & I have a cold," she said.