020、

it had been twenty four hours.

twenty four hours since byun baekhyun saw byun taehee, his beloved wife.

-

he made his way home, a happy and childish smile on his face. he had missed taehee so much, it was like he was ten again, waiting to see his mother or something.

he took a big breath in before opening the door, using the silver key that he had retrieved from his pocket.

he pushed the door open, expecting taehee to be happily waiting for him but ...

she wasn't.

his smile dropped as he looked around the house. he slowly walked towards the kitchen which was connected to the dining room, to see a piece of paper situated on the wooden table.

he took extremely small steps, a little worried to see what was on the paper.

he used his shaky, slim hands to pick up the bl o od stained paper, his eyes falling on the first two words .

"dear baekhyun,"

his breathing became shaky as his eyes darted over the rest of the words.

he stopped reading and ran to the lounge room.

the paper fell from his uncontrollable hands as he stared at what was in front of him.

"TAEHEE!" he screamed, running over to her body. "taehee, taehee–" he shook her body, her expressionless face never changing, blood dripping from the top of her forehead. he used his fingers to wipe it off. he stared at his now bloody hand that was shaking, "taehee, taehee." he cried resting his head on her stomach as she laid helplessly, "why?" he muttered, tears flowing from his brown eyes, "taehee."

his eyes fell onto the paper once again as he read it, tears flowing harder from his eyes.

"dear baekhyun,

i want you to know that i will always love you, okay? no matter where i am. i wanted to start this particular challenge thing because ... i knew i only had twenty days to live. i didn't want you to watch me die.

it turns out i got diagnosed with cancer.

you're probably mad, right?

i wanted to try and leave as fast as i could so you wouldn't see my body, but i... i tripped, and hit my head, so as of now these are my last words.

i want you to move on.

i want you to live in my legacy...

and jongdae's legacy.

so please, do not mourn over me. please move on. please live your life.

and...

i also wanted you to know...

we were going to have a third member to our family.

i'm... sorr–"

baekhyun scrunched the note up before angrily throwing it away, somewhere across the room.

"taehee... i can't loose you... i can't loose you like i lost jongdae... please. please." he helplessly cried, letting his tears fall onto her body, "i'm sorry? why are you sorry? you were always sorry for no reason." baekhyun gulped, trying his best to stay strong, "why did you have to leave me?"

"why did you have to make me go through twenty challenges with you..."

"why? why didn't you tell me we were going to have a child?"

"why did you have to leave so soon..."

"without saying a proper goodbye."

end of story.

-

-

-

-

-

lol why do i make my stories so depressing lmao

soz fam

didn't mean to trigger ya'll

hey guess what static & this story are connected if you didn't realize it's okay if you didn't but they are.

have a happy day!!

good bye!!