Chapter 10

Once upon a time an angel fell for the devil.

No matter how hard she tried to deny it, his smile warmed her heart and his kissed soothed her worry.

And now to imagine him not being around was followed by pain and hopelessness.

Every thought carelessly made its way back to him. 

****

-Eleanors POV-

Work seemed to drag on. The ticking of the clock was all I could hear. Each second was a second closer to seeing Freddie.

He was still staying at mine and his company made my evening more eventful.  

He was trying hard not to lash out or get frustrated and that was working out well for him.

The girls were getting on with him. I had to stop Naomi turning him in to one of her experiments one evening. She was asking him questions about his "Past", in hope that she had found a new member of her Mental Institution.

Tanya hadn't been home much. She was busy going to parties and events and not coming home for all hours of the night.

Our progress on finding money? 0%

I had a thousand pounds saved in my bank account, but that's all we had.

I was beginning to think that we wouldn't find the money.

Today was the 14th of December. We had 9 days to find 9k

11 Days till I could possibly die.

11 days till Freddie could once again get hurt.

I wondered how it would happen. How would I die?

Would it be long and painful or would it be over with quick?

I felt bile making it way up the back of my throat at the thoughts of it. I needed to find that money.

'You alright El?' Emily smiled.

'Yeah, just a headache' I lied.

'Well why don't you get off, I can manage' I looked around at the empty café and to the clock.

I did only have an hour left. Maybe I could get going. Pulling one sick evening wasn't going to kill me.

'You sure?'

Emily nodded, her mouth full from taking a bite of a cookie.

I grabbed my things from the back and headed out the door. 'Thanks Emily' I shouted.

'See you love'

My feet crunched against the white snow beneath them.

I walked past what looked to be a small hotel. I had never past much attention on it,never knowing exactly what it was. It was the black limo that pulled up outside it that caught my attention. I watched as three tall girls got out giggling. The wore leather shorts and low cut white shirts exposing there black laced money filled bra's. There red lipstick smeared aggressively across there face and hair pulled and tangled on top of their heads. I felt colder looking at them.

A young man with dirty blonde, wearing a grey suit stepped out behind them, fixing his jacket. He looked in my direction, giving me a wink. My face twisted in disgust, realising exactly what it was.

It was a brothel. A place where young women sold themselves for a night, to men with pocket fulls of money.  

Men who left their wives at home while they spent their evening in hotel rooms with a bunch of money driven whores.