15) Skip

"Alright class. Do the exercise on page 20 and 22 on your textbook!" my English teacher yelled over the commotion and the last school bell ringing for the day.

Classes are done and yet I still haven't gotten his number! I looked behind me and saw that Dylan and his gang are still there. I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. I can do this!

Before I stood up, a paper fell on my desk. I looked up and saw Dylan walking away in front of me. I felt a poke on my back and saw Charlie smiling down at me. I grinned at him happily.

"Well, you did it. Oh look, he wrote the other guys' numbers here as well. Guess you didn't need to help me ask them," Ginny said, showing me the paper she unfolded.

"That's good," I sighed. I volunteered to help Ginny get their numbers since I didn't want another fight in front of many people.

"I am a little sad that I will be going home on my own but seriously. You need extra luck with those guys," Bella sighed as we walked out of the classroom.

"See you tomorrow, Bella," Ginny said as they hugged. Then, Bella hugged me before she walked out of the school entrance.

"Oh, right. We need to tell them to meet at the Mr. Lincoln's lab to take attendance," I told Ginny. Ginny nodded then we both take out our phones and messaged them.

Ginny and I waited in the lab with Mr. Lincoln. "Why are they taking so long?" he said, looking at his watch. He stared to tap his foot repeatedly.

Suddenly, the doors burst open, revealing a smiley Charlie, an annoyed Dylan, scowling Robert and bored Brandon.

"Good! You're all here. Girls. You may choose anywhere to study except the main classes and the lab. I will be taking my leave," Mr. Lincoln said as he walked out, ignoring the growls of Dylan and Robert.

We followed Mr. Lincoln out. After locking the lab door, he just left without saying anything. Ginny and I felt so awkward.

"Alright. We'll study in the library if you guys don't mind," Ginny said to Robert and Brandon. Maybe she doesn't feel that awkward as me.

I didn't want to be left alone so I said, "Let's study in the library too."

Ginny and I led the way to the library. When we entered, we took a seat with a few distance from each other. Robert and Brandon sat in front of Ginny.

"Let's go upstairs. I don't like being watched the old lady," Dylan said.

I stood up then quietly pushed the chair under the table. "Alright. As long as you're comfortable," I smiled.

We walked up the stairs and found a quiet spot near the window. A soft ray of sunlight was shining through. We took a seat at the table.

"Okay. I want to know which part you're confused about," I asked while I put my notebooks and stationeries on the table.

Charlie shrugged and Dylan just stared out the window. I sighed. This is definitely gonna be hard.

"Then, you can do this quiz for now. It covers the main questions that we've learned until now. Just ask me if you don't know," I said after placing 2 sheets in front both of them.

Charlie looked like he was going to die but Dylan was still looking out the window. Charlie nudged Dylan at the arm which earned Charlie a glare from Dylan. Charlie just smiled at him. Dylan took his pen from his bag then started answering the questions.

To my surprise, Dylan answered them quickly. On the other hand, Charlie was still at the first question, trying hard to answer it.

I walked to Charlie's side to teach him since he has absolutely no idea what he was doing. "Let me see," I said to him before sliding the paper in front of me.

"You've got part of it right but you got it wrong here. You're supposed to divide the product weight with the molecular weight. You can do rest ri-," I was cut off when I looked at him.

I blushed furiously when I realized our noses were so close to touching each other. His blue eyes were wide open. "Sorry," I mumbled then sat back on my original seat.

Dylan was already done a second after I took my seat. "Now that I am done. I can go now, right?" Dylan stood.

"Wait! You can't leave before an hour finishes. We've got 45 minutes left," I said.

Dylan and Charlie groaned in annoyance. I almost laughed at their reaction. I took Dylan's papers to check his answers. I couldn't hide my surprise. "They're all correct! If you were this smart, why didn't you graduate?" I asked.

I heard Charlie gasped and saw Dylan's eyes burn with annoyance. I immediately got scared. What was going on?

"None of your business, loser. I don't care what my father do to me, I am leaving," he said, grabbing his bag to walk away. Whatever happened to the nice person that night?

I know I couldn't stop him because he might throw all his anger at me. I wouldn't want that to happen. After he left, I sighed. "Just you and me today then," I said, looking at Charlie.

Charlie smirked at me. "I am curious though. Why is he causing so much trouble for his family?" I asked, ignoring the reason behind his smirk.

Charlie leaned back against his chair then said, "It's not really my place to say it but Dylan just didn't want to take over his father's company. Typical rich kid drama. And then there is your sister, Isabella. After your sister was adopted, he became worse."

"What has my sister anything to do with him?"

"He's just jealous you know? His mother passed away when he was a kid. Seeing his father married to another woman 7 years later must have been a shock to him."

I gasped. "He must have felt really lonely. I can see why he hates his family," I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

"Enough with the sob story. It's the past. Now, tell me what the hell is this," Charlie said, pointing at a question. I laughed at him then took a seat beside him.

While I was teaching him, I tried my hardest not to look up since we were so close. Suddenly, Charlie held the end of the pen I was holding.

I unconsciously looked up at him. I was a bit relieved by the distance between us. We were too close earlier. This time, he was smirking.

I swear my heart could have jumped out of my chest when he leaned in closer. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Wanna date me?" he suddenly asked.