Donuts?

Ruth and Aaron are gonna be super curious as to why we were late. Oh gosh this will be hard to explain. I feel like I did when I was 14 and tried to hide a boyfriend from my parents. Oh well, if Ruth is still the same, and I'm completely the same, she'll just know. I feel nervous about seeing her but, honestly I won't worry about anything, I'll just enjoy however much time I have here. Silently hoping my other life was a dream.

   "Cab or trolley?" Benedict snaps me out of my daze. I think he's beginning to catch on to my nerves. "Wills, you've been acting a bit different today. Are you sure you're okay?" He's very in tune to how I'm feeling, and right now he can sense me panicking. I'm about to just tell him I had a horrible nightmare or something but I think he'll see through it.

    "I- I had a pretty weird dream last night and its just giving me a weird feeling." I take both his hands in mine, "That's it. Promise," I smile up at him an he holds on to my left hand. I hold on to his hand like a lifeline.

    "Okay if you say so," he says, joking and tugging my arm a bit. I hope he really believes me. "Now c'mon, lets get a cab, we're already late." Benny puts an arm around my shoulder as I open the door to the cab that just pulled up. On the ride there he brings up something I never thought to ask about. The wedding. Apparently its in June; beach wedding, less than 100 people, beach venue reception. I have yet to buy a dress. I'll have to go a bit lighter on the dress because of the sand. A small honeymoon in the Redwood Resort; a place where you get a treehouse, but with all the essentials like air conditioning, electricity, and most importantly plumbing. Woop woop treehouse shower! Oh, the best thing is that the treehouse walls are all made of one way glass, so you can see out but no one sees you. I've wanted one of those since I was a kid.

   "I'll call Ruth and tell her we're here."

   "No need for that," and here comes Ruth, looking pissed as ever.

  "WILLA NIGHT, YOU HAD BETTER HAVE AN EXPLANATON! WHY ARE YOU AN HOUR LATE?!" oh god please don't hurt me, "wait.. I don't wanna know." Yep. Same old Ruth. Thank goodness she hasn't changed. "You missed the reservations so me and Aaron went ahead and had an appetizer. Hope you don't mind, but it was expensive, and we didn't want to seem too cheap so we ate a bit, but we can still go somewhere else?"

   This really makes me mad that they went ahead without us on our reservations. But, I know she'd feel horrible if she left the reservations slide. "Sure, lets go get Thai. Or pizza." I hope Aaron and Benedict don't go off to get those stupid tiny donuts. Those are disgusting.  I reach for Benny's hand...aaaannnd him and Aaron are looking back running to the donut stand...