Owwie

I wake up from a deep, dreamless sleep. Back to hum-drum life I thought,  expecting to be in my zitty, odd, 16 year old body. Back to school.... I dread opening my eyes. One day in every dream, that's how it goes. I get up, rubbing my eyes, still not eager to open them. Three steps forward, two to the right, two steps forward. Expecting to open a door and walk out.

   BAM. Right into the wall. I fall down onto the floor. "OOOOOOWWW!" My head pounds as I snap my eyes open. Cream colored walls, blank ceiling, brown curtains.

   "Willa! Are you okay!?" Benedict runs over to me and I realize, oh crap, all I'm wearing is a t shirt and some frilly panties. Well, at least I have more than a sheet.

    "Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay." I push myself off the soft carpet.

    "Your nose is bleeding. A lot." Benny helps me up and walks me to the bathroom. Damn, my nose is like Niagara Falls... He holds a black washcloth up to my nose as I clean off my grey shirt. "Wills...Why did you run face first into a wall?"

   "Thought I was somewhere else. I guess I forgot I was here." I want to eat my words as I realize he dosn't know what's going on. "I had a dream I was sixteen and in my old house." I quickly spit that out to cover up.

   "You thought you were somewhere else?" he says with such pain. Pain? why?

    "Yeah, a nightmare. What's wrong? " What did he think?

    "Oh, nothing. I'm okay if you're okay," he says smiling now. I'd kiss him if my nose wasn't being crunched in a washcloth in his hand.

    "Okay I think the bleeding stopped."

    "Alright, its only 5. I'm going back to sleep. He walks away in his sheet-robe. I clean all the mess off my face and go back across the doorway to the room. I see Benny still wrapped up in his sheet, out cold. I sit down on the bed and his eyes slowly blink open.

   "Go back to sleep, love." I pull the nearest blanket up to my face.

   "I can't sleep, come here." I turn over to face him and he schooches over next to me. Benny takes me by the waist and uses me like a teddy bear. He shivers slightly so I throw half my blanket over his sheet wrapped body. Our eyes meet for a second before his warm lips touch mine and stay. Benny wraps his arms tighter around me, our kiss never stopping.  I feel myself begin to drift off, slowly, then all of a sudden, nothingness held me.