Chapter 6

[A/N:] Sorry for any mistakes! Please comment or vote and let me know what you think ;)

I climb out of my car and smile as I see Zane driving into the school parking lot. I watch as he parks only a few places down from me and I decide to head over to his car. I am exceptionally happy this morning and I am happier to see him. I patiently wait for him to climb out of his car and I am grinning once he notices me standing at the end of his car. He has his favorite black sunglasses on and even though I can't see his eyes, the look of surprise is clear on his face.

"Good morning!"

"Someone is in a good mood today." Zane grins at me.

"It's Friday. Of course I'm in a good mood." I move closer to him and wrap my arms around his waist.

Ah, Friday. The school week has finally come to an end.

After Monday, to say it has been an odd week would be an understatement. This week has been filled with a lot of unnecessary tension and dragged by slowly. Everyone has still been on edge about what happened with Destiny, despite my efforts to distract their thoughts. Maia seems to be acting normal, yet a little distant towards me. I don't understand why since I told her it was okay to date Will.

But I tried not to think about it much. I know Raven was in a bad mood this week so I tried to focus more on her and mhelping her feel better. I wish she wouldn't let Destiny get to her so much. But I can't control her thoughts so I just try to help her get over them. But now that it was Friday, I was able to have a break from school. And hopefully I get to spend more time with Zane.

Zane pulls me close and rests his hands on my hips. "Are you sure it's not my presence that's putting you in a good mood?"

"Oh, I'm sure it's because it's Friday." I smirk.

"I think I could change your mind." He murmurs.

"Go ahead and try."

He leans forward and tilts up my chin before kissing me. He deepens the kiss and when I feel his hand squeeze my backside I pull away in fear that people are watching.

"I think you've made your point," I say between heavy breaths. Zane just laughs and adjusts the straps on his backpack. "But I'm still happy because it's Friday."

"Yeah, yeah." He says before throwing an arm around my shoulders. We walk together into the school and head for my locker.

"Are you working tonight?" I ask him.

"Nope. I'm off today and tomorrow."

"Finally!" I cheer happily.

"I didn't know you hated my job more than I did." He laughs at my happiness.

"I don't hate your job...I just feel like they always want you there. I miss spending time with you."

"Well there is a reason they're always giving me a lot of hours."

"Why? Are they understaffed?"

"No," He shakes head. "I asked for more hours."

I look at him confusedly. "Why?"

"Well, after my mother came back home...for a while we were fine so I cut back on my hours." He starts.

"Okay." I wait for him to continue as we walk down the hall.

"But then my mother spoke with her insurance company and we found out that she has a few more medical bills to pay off that the insurance didn't cover. And between that, the mortgage and everything else that goes into a house including groceries and daily expenses, I can't let her do that all alone." He shakes his head. "There's so much to do and I'm trying to do my best for her."