Her body flowed with the music in a way even he had never seen. He could think of nothing but the phenomenon in front of him. Maybe he was glad she couldn't see him, because he didn't want her to see him so dazed.

Her feet touched the shiny floors with the beat, her expressions conveying the tone of the song, without even needing to hear it. He had never heard it.

She continued to dance, and he took a seat in the middle of the abandoned room, legs drawn up to his chest as she finished the song.

For a moment, he worried she could in fact see him, for after she went to turn off the music, she sat in the middle of her room, mirroring him and the way he sat.

"you're so good..." He couldn't help but say, and her head snapped up, as the walls were so thin.

She narrowed her eyes at what she could see was just a mirror.

He held his breath in fear of being discovered, because no one could know he was there.

After a moment, she let out a sigh, deeming whatever she had heard as insignificant.

He could faintly hear his name being called from out in the hallway, but he was sure they didn't know of his whereabouts. As his friends searched elsewhere, and their shouts died off, the rooms were silent, as were they.

As he gazed at her, she gazed at her reflection, but maybe he could pretend she was looking at him. He wished she would.

However, her eyes were empty, and he wondered how she could put so much emotion into them when she danced, just for them to be empty any other time.

Maybe she was tired of everything too.

Maybe she mirrored him, he thought.

His breath hitched in his throat as she began to speak, but the words were like an arrow through his heart.

"i'll never be good enough."