Emotions are the way we feel, and somewhere along the line, someone decided that this feeling was called "sad", this one is "mad", and this one is "happy", and so on. And emotions are interesting because they have the ability to change so fast; to swap places with another in a matter of minutes. Sometimes other people control a person's emotions more than they do, or should, or can. Another concept to think about is a society with little emotion. What if we didn't feel like we do? What if we didn't ever feel the negative emotions? Or what is we never feel the positive? Some people get fairly close. Finally, emotions are visible. You can get good at hiding behind the smiles and pushing through the pain, but sometimes your mask slips from the edge of your face, and you forget to pull it back up. But maybe you have places where you can take off the mask.

The room she visited everyday at the same exact time proved to be that place. It was special to him, because he didn't know her at all, but he could truly know her here. If she would've known he were there, maybe she would've thought it special that he had now found a place where he could take off his own mask.

One may wonder why emotions are of importance here. You needn't look far for the answer, for he stood there, forehead resting upon the glass, waiting for her, because she was never late, and he feared she wouldn't come.

Something to remember is the empty look she so frequently had, how quick her emotions would change as a song ended or began.

So when the door slammed open, hitting the wall behind it, he was quick to look up, eyes searching for her. And she was there, dropping her bag on the floor, shutting the door, crying.

So the emotion we'd label that as is sadness. But she felt so much more. As she aggressively wiped the tears off her cheeks, sitting cross-legged in front of the mirror, he fell to his knees in front of her, mirroring her sadness. Because she had that effect on him. So while she had sadness, she also had anger, and worry, and so much more.

And he watched as she delicately touched the bruises on her body, willing them to go away, tears staining her existence.

And they were sad together.