Thor, Jealousy, Then Mistletoe

Alva's P.O.V

*Three days later*

"We have to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. If Loki gets out of your sight, tell me with your mind link thing." I tell Freyja and Sif. It was the night of the party. The gods were playing their little game, throwing rocks, weapons, flame, etc at Baldur. Thor even threw his hammer at him, and nothing happened. Freyja was serving drinks, but kept her eyes locked for anything suspicious. Same with Sif, who was standing guard. I made myself look like I wasn't keeping an eye out, that way it didn't look obvious that we had a plan. I danced, ate, threw a spear at Baldur ( which seemed strange to the gods because I was the only girl who actually threw something at him ), and danced some more. I noticed that nothing unusual was happening.

I stopped dancing, and stood in a corner. Watching the party's every move. Then, I see Thor coming to me. I smile in a friendly way, but Thor didn't seem like his usual self. I could feel it.

"I see you're alone."

"Um…yeah. That's what I was planning on." I say, nervously. Thor leaned in closer. I look away, facing Loki. He had a betrayed look on his face. Like his heart and soul had been broken.

Jealousy. Thor and Loki. The woman is the trigger. I thought. My eyes widened. I'm the trigger. Loki gets jealous! That's what Mimir meant. Thor sets the trap.

"Alva," Thor starts to say, swiping my bangs aside. "Loki doesn't deserve you." I look at Thor. His words start to echo.

"What are you talking about?"

"Loki just wants you for company. He doesn't love you. Not like me. You need me in your life."

"Um sorry no. I got other people I need to think about." I say pushing him back. I look back at Loki. He's gone. I start speed walking to a door that is slightly open. I peek through. Frigga in a garden with an old woman. Loki. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I know what they are talking about. I see Loki take a piece of mistletoe, and walk in my direction. I quickly run to hide. Loki walks passed me not noticing. He walks toward the blind god. Crap! I have to stop him. I quickly run to Loki, body slamming him to the ground. Everyone looks at us. Awkward.

"Follow my lead. I'll talk to you once we get out of this." I quickly whispered, taking the mistletoe from his hands. "We were just playing slam tag. It's when you play tag, but you body slam them." I say, standing up in the process. I quickly grab Loki's wrist and drag him out of the hall.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! YOU DON'T JUST GO, AND KILL SOMEONE WHO ISN'T THE REASON WHY YOU'RE JEALOUS! HECK, YOU SHOULDN'T BE KILLING ANYONE AT ALL!" I yell at him.

"Thor loves you, and I can tell you love him." He says. He sounds ashamed, but bitter, and cold. He looked like he was going to cry. "So go live your life with the hero! The one everyone looks up to!" He said with disgust.

I felt like crying when he said that. I felt a knot in my stomach. Next thing I knew, I teared up. I couldn't keep it in any longer. I had to tell him. I held him as tightly as I could. My face dug deep into his shoulder. "I don't want to be with him. He's not the one for me. I don't need a hero to be the love of my life!" I say, crying. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. Realizing what I had said was true. Knowing I wanted to be with him, not Thor. I held him even tighter, telling him I loved him with all my heart, forgetting about his mistakes. That I didn't just love his human, his god. I loved his monster.