sad imagine 3

Cameron's POV:

I sat there in the small hospital room. My hands folded in each other pressed against my lips.

You looked bad, really bad. Not to mention how the stupid hospital lights are making it worse with their constant flickering. You were just lying there. Not moving, barely breathing. These machines were huge. One was in your mouth, in your nose, in your arm, and one on your finger.

I was so pissed at him. He broke up with you over text. You had to read it instead of look at the huge truck coming into your lane on the highway. You don't deserve to be here, suffering, because of him. The doctors told me that it's a miracle that you're alive. Even though you're going to be in a coma for God knows how long. I should have been there to pick you up from the stupid restaurant that you were waiting at, you were too upset to be driving. But I wasn't, I messed up, big time. I looked at you, laying there. Small bandages covering the few cuts on your head. But then you saved me, your fingers moved, a little bit but they still moved. I got up and sprinted to a nurse.

"S-she moved. Her fingers they moved I know it I saw it they really truly moved."

The old woman behind the desk looked at me with hopeful eyes. She nodded and stood up walking quickly to your room. She held your hand and asked, "Y/N, sweetie, if you can hear me I want you to use all of your strength and squeeze my hand" she waited a minute and asked again. Nothing. She looked at me and was just about to say sorry but you did it. You lightly squeezed her hand, and she felt it. She looked from me to you with wide eyes and a smile. You did it you answered her you let us know that you were ok, that you were going to make it. The nurse stayed in your room for a few hours talking to you, telling you what you can do and you did everything so softly but it was still done. Then the third hour in you opened your eyes. Your beautiful, beautiful eyes. And the nurse smiled and nodded at me signaling me that you were ok. I was told to let you rest because you were weak which was ok to me because as long as you were weak it meant that you were alive. Then I remember hearing your lovely voice ask me "Cameron?"

"Yes Y/N"

"What happened, why am I here"

"Well y/n if you must know, your asshole boyfriend left you in your favorite restaurant then when you were driving on the highway he broke up with you via text, while you read it a truck merged into your land and crashed into you. Your head hit the glass and you passed out leading you into a coma. I came as soon as I head and I have been sitting here for roughly 10 hours. Luckily you moved your finger and the nurse helped you through it. Now you are back and I just have to tell you one thing."

"Yes Cam?" you asked

"Y/N... I love you. More than a friend, more than anything, but I love you"

Your face lit up for what had to be the first time in forever. "Cam" you smiled "I love you too"