Worry

Zith sighed as she placed her holocommunicator on the living room table. Rex was off on some mission and she was naturally stuck on Coruscant. Now that their call was over, Comet and Shi decided to join her in the living room. Her friends looked to her and then to each other. "What?" Zith said rubbing her temples.

"We're just worried about you," Shi said gently.

"I'm pregnant, not dying," she said with a sigh. "You are starting to sound like Rex."

Just then a dark figure entered the apartment and Shi jumped up, drawing her blaster. "Who are they?" The being said motioning to them.

"You need to leave." Shi said firmly.

The figure laughed. "I don't think so. I have business here."

"I warned you," Shi said and shot at the being. He swiftly pulled out a red lightsaber and deflected the shot right back a Shi. It hit her shoulder and she fell to the floor.

Comet rushed to her side and Zith shook her head. Shi was thankfully alive, just wounded. "You'll pay for that!" Comet said turning to the man.

"Do you want to die? Because this is how you die," Zith said standing in front of him. "Patch her up and be quiet."

Comet looked at her confused. "Do you know him?"

"Sadly," she grumbled. "What do you want uncle?"

"I came to talk," he said as he stepped forward. Then he noticed her stomach. "That, was not part of the plan," he growled.

"I know," she said with a sigh. "Maybe, I changed my mind about joining you."

"If you change your mind, I will kill your clone husband. If that doesn't make you join I will kill the child. Then your father, your friends, and brother. If you still have the nerve to defy me, I will slaughter your entire clan!" He roared, he was now inches away from her face.

"Yes, Master," she hissed.

"That's what I thought. Now, you better hope that child is Force sensitive. If it isn't, it will be of no use to me," he said as he stepped away. "Oh, and convince them to join you, or else they die. Can't have any lose ends." He said as he left.

"Are you okay, Shi?" Zith asked quietly.

The crimson Kel Dor nodded. "I'll be okay. What was that about?"

Zith sat down and looked to her feet. "Remember my nightmares? They weren't just bad dreams, they are my future. I have to fall to the Dark Side, and I will need supporters."

Comet nodded. "I'm with you until the end. I assume you have some plan cooked up."

"You know I'll follow you anywhere. You saved me more times than I can count," Shi said looking at her.

"Both of you have to understand, once it starts, we cannot go back," she said looking at both of them.

They nodded and listened as she told them the plan. "This will take years," Comet said once she was done.

"What about Rex?" Shi asked quietly.

Zith looked to her feet. "Rex won't be apart of this mission. It'll be more believable if he stays behind. He wouldn't betray the Republic so easily."

"So, who all is coming?" Comet asked with a frown. 

"You two, my brother, and the clan," Zith said gently. "We will pick up more followers as we go."

Shi rubbed her chin. "This is insane," she said quietly.

"This is for the Republic," Comet said gravely.

~~~~

Later that night Rex walked into the apartment and went straight to Zith's room. She was wide awake sitting on her bed. "Evening, love," she said with smile.

"You should be asleep," he said kissing her cheek.

"So should you," she said with a smile.

Once he took his armor off he crawled into bed with her and placed a hand on her stomach. "I hate being away from you, especially now," he said softly.

"I know," she said quietly. "I have a gift for you."

He raised an eyebrow. "You didn't have to get me anything." 

She nodded and handed him a silver locket. The front had a krayt dragon skull carved into it and on the back it said: ner alor'ad. "Hopefully it will remind you of me," she said softly.

"It will. Thanks Zi," he said and opened it. Inside there was a small pearl. 

"That's a krayt dragon pearl, from the one I killed. I used it to power my lightsaber," she said with a smile.

"Won't you need it?" He asked looking at her.

She shook her head. "Not anytime soon," she said with a smile.

It was quiet for a moment before Zith spoke again. "Rex, do you trust me?"

"Of course," he said somewhat surprised.

"Okay, I just needed to know," she said softly. 

Zith cuddled close to him and closed her eyes. Rex smiled and gently ran his fingers through her hair. She was one of the most important things in his life, why wouldn't he trust her?