The General

Ahsoka was more than surprised to wake up in her quarters of the Jedi cruiser to find herself in orbit above Carlacc. Obi-Wan had told her they needed to make a stop to regroup on the way, but there weren't any Republic bases near there – only Death Watch. Though, it did make sense when she thought about it; they were Mandalorian after all. Anakin might've mentioned it in the briefing she'd slept through.

She immediately went to find her master, who was waiting for her near the ramp of the ship. "Snips, what took you so long?" He asked jokingly.

"Oh, you know, I had to get my beauty sleep," she replied, doing her nickname justice. "Remind me again why we are trusting known criminals?"

She felt Obi-Wan's firm hand on her shoulder. "We need their support to make this whole operation legal. It's like what we did on Onderon with the rebels, from a certain point of view."

Anakin raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "From a certain point of view?"

"Yes. Now, if neither of you have anything more to say, we have a planet to capture and a Sith to shut down. We best be on our way." Obi-Wan disembarked the ship without another word. Anakin and Ahsoka followed closely, exchanging a knowing glance.

The second Ahsoka stepped off the ship, she regretted leaving her coat in her quarters. It was colder than she remembered. She slid Lux's blanket out from a small bag on her back and draped it around her shoulders. It had only been a day, and she missed him like crazy. She hugged the blanket closer as she followed Obi-Wan into a large building. It was certainly an upgrade from their little tent circle that used to be there.

Bo-Katan was waiting for them. "Welcome, Jedi. There is much to discuss. Follow me." Her master gave her an apathetic glance before motioning for her to follow.

Bo-Katan led them down a series of hallways, all seemingly void of any personality whatsoever. The walls were a pale grey, with white tile flooring and windows coated with synthetic blue glass. She had yet to see a piece of artwork or even just something for decoration.

They finally reached the control center after what seemed like a lifetime. It was equally as uninteresting as the rest of the complex, except there were people there. A small group of Death Watch soldiers stood near one of the largest holotables Ahsoka had ever seen. The thing was so massive that it easily took up a third of the room.

"Whoa, that's big," Anakin whispered, voicing her thoughts.

"That's because it's not just any holotable. There are hidden cameras in key places all over the government buildings on Mandalore. This table can show live 3D footage from any of them whenever we want." Bo-Katan stopped in front of it and turned her head back, smirking. "Bet you don't have one of these at that Jedi Temple of yours."

Obi-Wan shook his head. "No. Not yet, at least."

"We should get started," Ahsoka said, surprised that she had actually spoken that aloud. All eyes were drawn to her. "I may not have the same agenda as the rest of you all, but as the galaxy is at war, I don't want to waste time when innocent lives are at stake."

Obi-Wan placed a hand on her shoulder. "You're quite right."

Bo-Katan pushed a few buttons, and a complete floorplan of the palace popped up in front of them. Her eye was immediately drawn to Maul, who was pacing in the throne room. He seemed to be conversing with someone who looked too similar to the former Prime Minister Olmec. A chill ran down her spine, and she hugged Lux's blanket closer. She missed him so much already, and it hadn't even been a rotation yet. She made a mental note to call him later.