Chapter 4

The next morning Decim was being tested by Nona and Ginti, tested to see if his judging was acceptable. This happened once a year, where one arbiter's judging skills would be put to the test. Every year both Nona and Ginti would judge Decim, and then Nona and Decim would judge Ginti.
Decim was setting the game, and preparing the drinks he would give the two humans- when the two judges walked in to his bar.
"Decim, we wish you the best in this examination," Nona spoke, which Decim replied with a nod. He walked over to the elevators, knowing that in a matter of minutes two lost souls would enter, and he would have to judge whether the first or second would enter reincarnation-and which would be thrown into the Void.

His hands started to wobble as he poured the drinks, as they usually do before humans enter the bar. Decim wasn't heartless, he wasn't any normal arbiter. His love could slice the Void, returning all the humans that had been dropped there. His eyes were the copper that people donate to the homeless, unaware of the blessings they give. His voice was the lust that ignited bad behaviors, he was no ordinary arbiter.

Ginti places a hand over Decim's shaking hands, softly.
"Calm down, you'll be fine," he murmured, which slowly stopped the anxiety erupting inside of Decim.

yooo im back. i literally haven't been on wattpad for two years, but i appreciate everyone who has read this story and waited for more! I will be uploading chapters more regularly, i promise you all :)

anyway how are you all? <3 missed this community