Chapter 1: Huh?

I woke up, my alarm buzzing in my ear. My eyes drooped as I looked at my phone, 6:10 am, I pressed snooze, but only dozing off before it rang again.

"Iris sweety! Time to get up!" My foster mother called from downstairs. I sighed, but got up anyways. I walked over to my small dresser and picked out a cute black crop top that said 'I Nacho Friend' in big bold white letters and some dark navy blue  shorts. I got changed and strolled down stairs where my mother was waiting for me in her usual work clothes.

"I made breakfast!" My foster mom squealed excitedly gesturing to the plate of food on the small dark oak table. I eyed up the plate of bacon, my mouth watering at the smell of it's greasy aroma.

"Iris?"

"Y-yeah?" I looked up, snapping out of my trace.

"You ok? You spaced out a little and started drooling.

"I did?" I looked at her in confusion, she nodded and chuckled, dabbing my chin with a napkin getting the drool off. I blushed in embarrassment.

"You better get to school, it's almost 7:30"

"Ok, well see you later mom!"

"Bye Sweety" she called out as I left out of the door.

I got on my Midnight black scooter. The distant's to from my house to school was short, it only took about 5 minutes to get there. The ride there is nice though, I have to pass a park that I used to play at when I was little and a skating ring where there are always couples. I have away's wondered, will I ever find a nice guy? Or will I be lonely forever like my foster mother.

I stepped up to my school, my good friend Kathleen there to greet me.

"Hey Kathleen!"

"Sup Iris, are you alright? You look like your about to shoot out of your skin"

I sighed, I did feel like I had more energy than normal, maybe a little to much.

" I'm fine, but I think i'm gonna go race Coption"

"Ok Iris, well see you later" Kathleen said before hopping onto her bike and riding away. I jogged over to Coption, the fastest kid in the school.

"Hey Flash" he turned around to see me, man he cute when he did that (I called him Flash because he was fast, and because I didn't really like calling Him Andy or Coption).

"Hey Iris, come for another race?"

"Hehe, yeah but your going down this time!"

"Yeah right" he smirked. We walked onto the track, getting into position and taking off down the track. I closed my eyes for a moment, feeling strength radiate from my body, but still like I could do this a thousand times more. I opened my eyes,   Coption was trailing right behind me. We were close to the finish line. I speed through the line, Coption huffing behind me.

"When do you get so fast?" He coughed trying to catch his breath.

"Not sure, I'm just feeling it today" I said slighting blushing.