I Could

"I could do anything. Not just in a "I could train to be a doctor" kinda way. I mean, I could. But today? No. I'm talking about today. About right now. I could do something that would make today drastically different from all the rest. I could decide to go out for a walk and not stop until I cross the country. I could decide to go out and sell all of my belongings door to door. I could decide to cut off all of my hair. I could decide to start a fight with a stranger. I could decide to steal.

It's so easy to change my whole life starting with just one day. So imagine what a build-up of many days could achieve.

I could start to work toward becoming a doctor. I could start to work towards traveling the world. I could start to work towards being an astronaut. I could start to work towards learning a new language to the stage of impeccable fluency. I could start to work towards being a bodybuilder. I could start to work towards becoming a detective. A lawyer. A teacher. Anything. All based on my own choices and work and perseverance.

I could do near enough anything."

You contemplate this as you sip your usual morning coffee, and watch the same YouTube video you've already seen countless times over.

It's a sense of consistency in an ever-turbulent world. A stagnant comfort. You could. But maybe another day.