Two Imperfections

the past is like a picture, you look back on all the mistakes, the summer lovers, the funny moments and the sad moments. but what if my picture was just.......out of focus. I have tried to forget the pass but how. I remember how they treated me, all the lies, rumors, names. all of those moments are imprinted both in my mind and my heart.

the scars that had been left in my heart, the madness of their pride and ego's. I was always thought to be the bad kid. but I wasn't. I didn't do anything to them, the rumors and lies they told to get rid of me. to hurt me anyway they could.

the nights I cried into my pillow. staring at my reflection in the mirror, reminding myself that I was ugly and I was hated by everyone in the world. I guess I wasn't pretty to them, wasn't good enough to them.

I survived five years being called  '' freak'' or '' ugly''. I was almost through with everything when I met him. he was amazing. he made me feel beautiful  and loved. like no evil could ever touch me again. he hugged me and kissed me. everyone looked down on him for doing all these nice things to me. but he stayed with me. he took all of the comments and all of the rumors for me. I thought no one could be or act like him. but my life changed when I met him he reminded me that there is good in the world.

six years later me and him were graduating from high school. we had both made it through the criticizing and remarks. from all of the crying that I did he was there. sure I was still different from everyone else. but he made me feel like some things like who wore the best dress. he was there and I was there with him.

one year later he went to college, leaving me alone. he down south somewhere hundred miles away, his comfort went with him. I heard the names again, and then soon the lies and rumors. I felt so alone and sad. the next two weeks went on, but when Friday finally came around I was excited. I went to the airport and waited. it was hours when he finally came off the plane.

he hugged me tight and I hugged him tighter. it was so bliss, and calming that everything was normal. he told me that he would have to  in two days, he was leaving again and he wouldn't see me again for along time. it was hard to process but I understood.

that boy who made my life just amazing has been writing me letters ever since. and he taught me that it's to be a imperfection, there will always be someone to love you and except you.