Chapter Two

Chris’s P.O.V

I was on my way to some fashion company that my agent to. I needed a new fashion designer and she said that one of the best works there. Besides, this company is close enough to where I was staying. In less than ten minutes, I got there. I parked my Escalade and walked towards entrance of the building.  I walked up to the elevator and took it all the way to the tenth floor. The door opened and I walked out. I didn’t know which way was the conference room was so I went up to the young lady at the front desk for help. “Excuse me miss, can you tell me where the conference room is. I have to meet Mr. Darrin for a meeting” I said.  She looked up and immediately stared at me like she was admiring some statue. “Uh…uh….” that’s all she said. She was wasting my time. “Miss….miss….MISS!” I said in a low whisper. She snapped out of her gaze. “Oh, sorry.  Just go down the hall and it’s the first door on your left”, she said with a wink at the end. I looked at her like if she was crazy and went on my way. I walked up to the conference room door and opened it. I walked in and a guy looked up at me. That must be Mr. Darrin, the guy that my agent talked to. “Well there he is now”, Mr. Darrin said. I that saw a young woman turned around. She saw me looking at me and just stared for a second. She had a face like no other woman, a face like a true angel. Mr. Darrin came up to greet me. “Essence please come over here", Mr. Darrin. She got up and walked over to us. The way she walked showed that she has class and she had that hour glass body. I like that in a woman. The other girls that I have dated before had hour glass bodies, but her body was just perfect. "Chris, I would like you to meet one of my best designers, Essence Jones”, said Mr. Darrin. I stuck my hand out and said, "Pleasure to meet you." She shook my hand. "You too", Essence said. Then she let go of my hand. "Well is there anything else?” she asked her boss. "Yes, actually. I would like you to start designing as soon as possible because he has a photo shoot coming up. Chris will tell you what he wants ", Mr. Darrin said.”Okay sir." "Alright, well that's all Essence. You can go now.” Mr. Darrin said.  "Okay bye sir. Bye Chris”, she said. "Later shawty", I said as I smiled. She rolled me eyes and walked away. As she walked away I stared at her ass. Damn, baby got back. She suddenly stopped walking and turned around. Damn, she caught me. I smiled at her. In return, she looked at me in disgust and continued walking. I decided to follow her quietly. But, that didn’t work because she turned around. “What do you want Mr. Brown?” I smirked and said, “What I want is to get to know you better.” She shook her head and said, “Mr. Brown go home. I bet your girl is waiting at home for you so you can take her somewhere.” I laughed. “Actually, I don’t have one.” “Wow, I’m surprised. With girls crawling all over you, you’re bound to have a girl”, said Essence. “Well maybe I’m just looking for the right one”, said smiling at the end. “Well I’m not her”, she said. I gave her a confused look. “What you mean ma?” “Look since I don’t know you that well, I’m gonna put this in the best way I can. I don’t like you. You’re just like every guy out there, always wanting something they cannot have. And when they get what they want, they use the for one night and the next day throw them aside like unwanted trash. Besides, I work for you now and mixing business will mess up both of our careers. And even if I didn’t work for you, I wouldn’t go out with you either”, Essence said. I stood there shocked. “You actually believe those rumors?” I asked. “Yup.” “But if-“ “But nothing Chris! You know what would happen if that happened, not like it will.” “But-“ “But nothing! Understand that we will never go out.” And with that she turned around and walked away, leaving me there defeated. But I wasn’t gonna give up yet. To win her over, I have to show that I’m not like the other guys. I have to show the real me because that woman right there is the perfect girl for me and I won’t rest until I make her mine.