Chapter Twenty - Two

Ja'Nay's P.o.v

I was on my way into Essence's job, when I saw her run into the elevator crying. But I didn't really care. I had some business to take care of. I walked up to Mr. Darrin's office and walked in, closing the door behind me.

"Now, what did you do to make lil ol' Essence cry?", I said while smiling.

He looked up and smirked.

"Well, you should know since i told you what I will be doing."

I walked up and sat in the chair in front of the desk.

"May I say, good job."

"Thanks. Now, may i ask why you want to hurt her?", he said while leaning back in his chair.

I tensed up and looked right at him.

"I have my reasons."

"And...What are they?"

"She has everything I want. Perfect job, life, boyfriend. I just want it. All my life in high school with Essence I was only seen as her puppy...her ugly sidekick...her shadow. She had the sexiest guys as her boyfriends. But me...I only had the air i breathe. She even had the guy I wanted. But of course he went straight to her. But did she care? Nope. All the bullying I had been through. She cared only for a second. But now..I'm taking what she has. No ifs, ands, or buts."

He smirks at me and nods. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Now let me ask you the same question."

"Oh sweetheart, unlike you I don't want to hurt her. I actually want her. I know about her little thing with Chris and I plan to take her from him. Whatever it takes. To you it might be hurting her. To me it's loving her."

"You sound diluginal.", I mumbled.

He glares at me and leans forward in his chair.

"Watch what you say Ja'Nay. We may be working together to get what we want. But I'm not the one to mess with. So I advise you to watch what you do and say around me."

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

He reached his hand over and grabbed my jaw.

"You are pushing your luck girl. Now watch yourself understood?", he said through his teeth.

"Y-yes."

"Now now, she ain't the one we want to hurt Travis. Let her go."

He let my jaw go and rubbed his hand. I turned my head around and noticed Karrueche standing by the door.

"Well if she don't watch herself she might be."

She closed the door and walked up to us.

"Just try to remain cool."

She looked down and me and smirked.

"Ja'Nay."

"Karrueche."

"I still don't understand why you want to hurt your best friend. But then again, she has what I want. So I can't deny your help in this."

"Correction. What we both want."

"You must not have understood what I told you before. Chris belongs to me and ONLY me. I don't share him with no one."

"Do it look like I give any fuck? I don't care if he belongs to you. If I want him, I'll take him."

She glared at me and put her finger in my face.

"You don't know who you are messing with. You are playing with fire. Watch yourself or what Travis said might come true..and it might be worst than what we are doing to Essence."

I rolled my eyes and looked away. This bitch is bluffing. I might be afraid of Travis but her? Hell no. I'll take Chris and she can't and won't do shit aout it. She walked over to Travis and sat on his desk.

"So Travis, how did the plan go?"

"Excellent."

"Great", she said as clapped her hands together.

"Now, time for plan two..and thats where you come in", she said as she turned to me.

I smiled as I looked at her.

"I'm listening.."