Who are they?

Luther follows closely behind Payton, as the two walk out of the house into the back yard. Luther stops and looks down
"Ah Payton look at this" He points to a red marking on the ground.
"That is a new symbol" She pulls a camera and snaps a picture of it
"Let's keep moving" The two walk out of the yard and into the street.  Luther remembers playing in the same street, as a child. 
"I used to live in that house" he points to a house at the end of the road.
"Where did you live before Payton?" Payton looks at him and quickly changes the subject
"That marking I am guessing isn't a good sign. I think it is a sign that, that house is under watch now" 
"And how in the world did you figure that out?" 
"Who is in charge here? Oh that's right the girl you can kick your ass to oblivion" Luther opened his mouht to say something back but no words came out. The two keep walking down the street, as the reach Luther's old house Payton stops and turns to him.
"I used to live in The Capital" Payton then goes back to what she was doing. 

As they walk the suburb they were in changes to wasteland, the occupation happened just a year since the occupation, and four months since Luther met Payton. The wasteland was made up of old cars and homes, the smell of death still there. Luther was about 5'7" Brown hair cut short, his eyes a deep green.  Skinny as twig, not so strong or smart but his bravery is what got him through. Payton the blonde hair big red eyes, a weird mix, she stands 5'6", skinny, she is both brains and brawns in the duo. 

The duo met in the oddest of ways. After the War stopped and the Occupation happened they both were left homeless and without thier parents, or well thats what Luther  thought. Luther, is sixteen and Payton seventeen. They littrealy ran into eachother while Luther was running away from the corpal chasing him. Payton was one of the people helping the others escape. 

"Luther, look over there"
"I don't see anything" A shot was fired and missed both of them.
"DUCK AND RUN!" Payton yells as four foot soldiers run towards. Both her and Luther pull out there guns and hide behind a rock.
"See I told you they'll be looking for us!" Payton shoots one of the soldiers in the foot Luther shoots him in the head.
"Well maybe I will listen to you more" Luther shoots another guy and Payton kills off the others.
"Yeah you should, anyway these soliders where prison gurads so there must be inmates near by" Payton gets up and runs towards the dead bodies. Luther follows.

As Payton gets closer, someone moves up with there hands up
"Don't shoot" a girl emerges, a girl with long caranmel hair, with quite exstensively blonde highlights and eyes as red as Payton's. Payton lowers her gun eyes wide and runs to her giving her a big hug.....