the promise ring

oooohhh lordy I'm so inspired to write this right now (0w0)

I've been chatting with my sexy chambelan (s>~<)s

anyways this will be a super sweet chapter

0(s>~<s)0

I hope you like sweets lol

I should stop it already. ... yeah maybe I should

MI SEXY CHAMBELAN!!!!

ok I'm done now

I'm done

I looked at Jake with tears streaming down my face.  I didn't know if to feel happy or sad that he kissed me.  he gently wrapped his hands around me and I inhaled his scent. 

"it's ok" 

I didn't know what he meant . nothing would be ok now. 

the closet light went on and I looked into his eyes he was holding a ring in his hand

"this ring will be our promise ring. ... as long as you have this I'll always be close to your heart even if I'm a block away. .. or two states away"

he said gently and slipped the ring on my finger.  I stared down at it.  it was a plain stainless steal ring very simple but beautiful.  my eyes met his and butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. 

******************************************

{ flash back }

"pull her hair!  "

"no kick her!"

I looked up terrified as my tortures crowded around me they decided to go for the kicks and started kicking my frail body. 

I whimpered with every one of then tears streaming down my face.  they hated me because I got along with the new boy.  these girls were jealous and vicious and they'd try anything to bring me down.  I curled up in a tight ball and shut my eyes tightly may be if I pretend I passed out they'd leave. 

just when I thought it was over they made a final blow to my right temple and ran away when they saw I didn't get up. 

I was in the hospital for the next two weeks. but I wouldn't tell anyone what happened. 

then when they gave up on me Jake walked in. 

he sat next to me and held my hand.  he didn't ask anything.  occasionally he'd fall asleep with me.  this went on for a month and they couldn't pull him away.  one day I finally told him in a hoarse voice.  "they beat me up. .. "

I watched as his face twisted in anger. 

he got up and left for the first time in a whole month.  I knew that he wouldn't go tell he'd be fixing things for me.  he always did. 

that's the first time I saw him with those eyes,  that I loved him like that. my heart found someone else to rely on.  Jake, turned into my hero

****************************

{Flash back over }

after getting out of the closet I washed my face and made my way over to the room with some drinks.  the rest of Jake's stay was splendid.  he'd sneak into my room at night and steal kisses from me sometimes. 

tonight was his last night. 

"I wish you'd never have to leave"  I said quietly against the silence of the night

"I'll be back soon enough" 

he caressed my face gently and watched my fair skin in the moon light

I glanced over at the ring it was gleaming probably as I was in the moon light. 

Jake looked at me

"your lips seem perfectly pink.  like strawberries. ... perfectly plump" 

"strawberries?  "

"very addictive love" 

I snuggled up the the bed and he laid down next to me.  holding me close we snuggled through the night and I finally caught some sleep.  his alluring scent giving me the peace I wanted. 

The next morning I woke up. ... Jake wasn't there